Buffalo Dachshund Club Message Board › End of Summer Update/ Dues

End of Summer Update/ Dues

Emily
Emsieb318
Group Organizer
Buffalo, NY
Dear Doxie Moms and Dads,
As the end of the summer comes to a close, I hope you, your doxies and families have enjoyed it, and had the chance to attend one of our meetup summer events. If not, hope to see you this fall or winter!
EVENTS
Just a reminder of the next few meet up events coming up.
Join us for our annual walk in the Clarence Center Labor Day parade on Monday, August 2nd in Clarence Center, NY. We will be meeting at 12:45PM at our usual line up spot near the Engineering Department on Goodrich Road. For more detailed information about where to meet, please see the event details here: http://www.meetup.com/BuffaloDachshundClub/events/119926762/­
Remember, red, white and blue costumes are encouraged, as are your friends and family to join us to walk alongside you and your doxies. PLEASE NOTE: Although the parade begins at 1:00PM, we often do not begin walking for quite some time, so there is A LOT of waiting around. Please feel free to bring pop up chairs or blankets to sit on and snacks or drinks to enjoy while we wait to begin. I suggest lining up around 12:45PM, and keep in mind that we will likely not begin marching until after 1:30PM.

My best suggestion is to park by the end of the route by the fire station and fairgrounds, and walk to our meetup spot. This way, when you finish the parade, you will be near your car :)
If you have not already, please sign up to participate in the SPCA Serving Erie County's 20th Annual Paws in the Park Fundraiser on Saturday, September 28th at Beaver Island State Park on Grand Island. The event begins at 10AM and is always a great time. I hope you will sign up with your dog to join our "Buffalo Dachshund Club and Friends" team and help fundraise to support the SPCA! ­http://yourspca.kinte... dddA0C8247FBAA848952AA8AAEE8

This year's walk will feature lunch for all participants, contests for the dogs, vendors and exhibits for the adults, and bounce houses for the kids! Hope to see you there!
DACHTOBERFEST 2013
If you have not yet been to our annual fall fundraiser "Dachtoberfest," this is the event to come to!

Each year we hold this event to raise money for DRNA and Dash Rescue organizations through fun raffles, the purchase of admission tickets and donations. Your donations and funds raised help support these doxie-friendly organizations and often purchase big ticket items for needy dogs such as dental work and cleanings. We also hold a fun costume contest each year as Halloween is just around the corner of the event date.
Although an event date has not been chosen yet, I'd like to solicit a club member volunteer to offer up their fenced in yard to hold this year's event. If you are interested in hosting, please let me know and I will contact you soon to coordinate. Hosting duties are generally quite easy, and every guest who attends is invited to bring snacks or drinks to share for this Halloween and fall-themed event. Please email me at emily_alexandriaburns@yahoo.com­ if you are interested in hosting this event.

DUES
I am attempting to update our club dues records and make sure they are up to date. If you have NOT paid dues for 2013, please do so today ($6.00) via PayPal to emily_alexandriaburns@yahoo.com­

If you are unsure of when you are due to pay, please DM (direct message) me on Facebook or shoot me a note on meetup.com or via email. I should be able to check with the records and see when you last paid. Our dues go towards the hosting fees of the meetup.com web platform and also for various meetups and events throughout the year. Your supprt is truly appreciated! Thank you!
Looking forward to seeing everyone at an upcoming meetup soon. If you are interested in hoting a fall meetup event at your home, please feel free to email me.
Happy Labor Day weekend!