addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrosseditemptyheartfacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

The Buffalo Gamers Society! Message Board RPG Campaign & Delve Night Discussions › Wesley Young's "The Struggle of Nations"

Wesley Young's "The Struggle of Nations"

Kevin B.
Turlock
Medina, NY
Post #: 102
Wes,

While we're on the subject of class combos and such, I just wanted to let you know that I decided to just go with the Archer option from the Advanced Player's Guide as opposed to Skirmisher. Despite the Skirmisher's neat features, you're not allowed to advance in magic...which goes just a TAD bit against the idea of an Arcane Archer. From a practical and roleplay angle, the Archer option also makes more sense in keeping with Teal's background of being born and raised in Alfheim anyways. ;)
John G.
user 4700290
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 97
I can see why Wes would want to approve Prestige Class combos on a case-by-case basis. I'm sure someone out there can figure out ways to make some truly broken combos... Shadowdancer/Assassin, anyone? shock

Of course, this line of conversation has me pondering a Fighter/Wizard/Duellist/Eldritch Knight someday... a gentleman warrior, if you will. I'm not sure if that character concept would be a -good- idea, or just a -clever- one. biggrin

(Thursday evening update: On second thought, maybe a Fighter/Wizard/Duelist would be challenging enough. More classes = more paperwork!)
Kevin N
user 6519902
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 124
Since me and Wes figured out we don't have a rogue right now i talked with Wes and I built a new character to cover both rogue and cleric she wont be 100% of either but I think she'll do.

Nightshade Back Story

Nightshade was born in a small hamlet (so small it doesn’t have a name) her mom was a beautiful peasant girl her. Her father was a elf lord that was staying in the hamlet for hunt he swept her off her feet then a quick as the romance began was as quick as he left. Nightshade was born 9 month latter. Her mother is the only one that known her birth name. When Nightshade was 20 she left the hamlet and in search of her father she quickly made friends with a Kit of Furo worshipers. They tough her about Furo and she became a cleric. With them she began sneaking in to noble and merchant house in search of information. This was going good until she got cough in a trap and sold into slavery this is where her story real begins
Kevin B.
Turlock
Medina, NY
Post #: 105
I'm sitting at home enjoying the weekend, watching some episodes of Firefly, and I've just ordered the Pathfinder: Ultimate Magic book and pre-ordered the Pathfinder: Ultimate Combat book.... Life is good!! =)
Kevin B.
Turlock
Medina, NY
Post #: 106
Heya Wes,

A couple quick questions....

Is "The Struggle of Nations" set in the same world that we just finished campaigning in (aka. Monte Cook's world containing the city of Ptolus)?

If so, is there any chance of our new characters running across our characters from "The Call of Ptolus" campaign?

Just wondering is all. =)
Kevin B.
Turlock
Medina, NY
Post #: 108
Ok, I posted this on the General Discussion Forum board where it rightly belongs. However, given that I know you guys better than most other folks in the BGS (with just a few exceptions), and I trust your opinions, I thought I'd run it by you all. Here goes....

Just curious if anyone has heard of, or tried, the Hero Lab character management software from Lone Wolf Development. I'm specifically looking at Hero Lab for the Pathfinder RPG but I'd appreciate any feedback from anyone who has used it, seen it in use, or knows someone who uses it (or has used it) for any game system.

I'm eventually going to be DM'ing a campaign using the Pathfinder RPG system and the campaign setting will be based in the 2nd Edition D&D Planescape world.

I'm wondering if it would be a useful tool for a DM to keep track of the PC's as well as help players who are familiar with D&D 3.5 but new to Pathfinder (about as easy a transition as you're likely to find).

Any info would be greatly appreciated. Many Thanks!! =)
Wesley D. Y.
user 6127759
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 1,040
Heya Wes,

A couple quick questions....

Is "The Struggle of Nations" set in the same world that we just finished campaigning in (aka. Monte Cook's world containing the city of Ptolus)?

If so, is there any chance of our new characters running across our characters from "The Call of Ptolus" campaign?

Just wondering is all. =)

We talked about that last session, and I loved the idea ... and I now have a way of it happening. So, it's possible, yeah. =)

But it is a different world...
Kevin B.
Turlock
Medina, NY
Post #: 109
We talked about that last session,...

Such is the attention focus of one with ADD.... I guess I need some better gorram meds! =)

P.S. Can ya tell I've been watching episodes of Firefly?
A former member
Post #: 80
Forgive the shameless advertisement but I will be running a Vampire: The Dark Ages Delve this coming Sunday. If any of you were interested, there is a post with more details farther down the list. Otherwise, see everybody on the 30th.
Kevin B.
Turlock
Medina, NY
Post #: 111
Her father was a elf lord that was staying in the hamlet for hunt he swept her off her feet then a quick as the romance began was as quick as he left. Nightshade was born 9 month latter.

So he left the mother to raise poor Nightshade on her own!? Was there any child support involved? What about issues of abandonment that Nightshade was likely to feel as she got older and learned the truth of her elf lord baby daddy?

Teal Bluewing would like to take this time to apologize for the shameless and irresponsible behavior of the elf lord that fathered Nightshade. He will do whatever it takes to be a positive male elf lord role model for Nightshade. Please understand that Nightshade's baby daddy is in no way representative of most elf lords.