The Buffalo Gamers Society! Message Board RPG Campaign & Delve Night Discussions › Wesley Young's "The Struggle of Nations"

Wesley Young's "The Struggle of Nations"

Kevin B.
Turlock
Medina, NY
Post #: 119
Great launch to the new campaign last night, Wes! Looks to be the start of another great year (or more) of gaming! =)
Joshua R.
LordOfWar
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 46
I suppose a summary is in order:

After a week in slavery a bard Bepe punched a guard in the face and released us he made a plan to escape from through the crypts of the gladiator warriors we released several gladiatorial combatants hoping to start a riot. we encounter 2 guard patrols the first guard patrol proved to be of some difficulty Nightshade managed to see through the door and alert us and allowed us as only Acamapichtli had a sword and our Monk Braga had the ability to deal out damage and a short one at that and i suppose a week in confinement and the use of an unfamiliar weapon made scrum and Braga a little rusty as braga pulled a muscle and Acamapichtli missed his first strike Turin remember his days from training at the academy managed to land a few blows really Turins only success of the night. as Acamapichtli managed to gain hold of his weapon and knocked the guard down Braga finished one of the guards off as we managed to acquire weapons including a masterwork long bow which was that of ranger Teal he would go on to make great use of it throughout the night. we then debated wither we should try to escape through the top of the arena and steal a chariot but since no one knows how to use a chariot and there was 7 of us we went through the crypts which had been sealed off due to the invasion of an entity called "the many" we managed to find some gladiator tombs in which we respectfully "acquired" some nice masterwork blades and some gold we also found some rancid healing potions Turin and braga both fell however nightshades quick healing abilities saved them. we also encountered some undead Teal made quick work of them as undead were his favorite enemies and Acamapichtli showed why he was devastating with his sword are Bard Hugh also proved both effective with bow and song however are accompanying bard Bepe (unlike the real Bepe) proved to be useless. we escaped and aquired more gold thanks to the ingenuity of our inquisitor Ximinese.

When we got out of the crypt bepe the useless fled to who knows were. and Ximinsese Acamapichtli and a disgusied Hugh went to the city to acquire supplies and food for adventuring and our eventual departure from this continent.

On our campout we encountered Goblins which we quickly dispatched however they shot up Hugh pretty bad and took him down however he was stabilized

First off credit to Nightshade whos ability to see through doors and coffins healing abilities and nigh perfect perception managed avert a situation in which we could have easily perished credit to Teal for taking down those undead. also Ximinese Hugh and Acamapichtli for the supplies. by the way Thurgrims goods and sundries emporium has made are groups shit list if we come back here in 20 levels to sack this city his shop is the first to be burned down bastard stiffed us 20 gp

character personal notes and observations

Turin is glad to be out of slavery the journey to thaytis was oerlousi as it was Turin wasn't sure how many times he switched hands or how far he is away from the Rivers of his homeland but he is pretty sure that he is no where near there or even if anyones heard of it. what he does know is that Thaytis is a land ruled by savages intelligent savages but savages(he does not consider the people of this land to be savages however) none the less he is amazed by there technology it exceeds the technological level of his homeland. however he views the culture as backwards slavery is deplorable and to have those slaves fight for amusement of others is even more deplorable and to make matters worse they have warriors fight people whose job it was to heal sing, disable and pray. this is insulting to the warrior and to those who are forced to fight them it was not there chosen profession to fight and why should they. There were tournaments in Turin's homeland but the purpose of those was to showcase the skills of a warrior not to shed the warriors blood for the amusement of others. also he confused by this racism and view of human superiority he feels that each race has its strengths and when these these strengths are melded together the civilization in which this melding occurs benefits greatly the ale isn't particularly great Ximinese told him that this is good quality ale, Turin finds the taste satisfying as a drink but lacking in flavor and texture, and he only feels this satisfaction because he hasn't had a drink in months but in Turin's mind any ale is better then no ale

Turin also feels a bit insulted as he was branded a teetotaler by his group for his inability to digest a healing potion Turin feels insulted on two levels one his patron god is Cayden Cailein who is celebrated as a god ale wine and bravery it is a religious rite to enjoy alcohol (not in excess) second his homeland was reknown at least in the area were he comes from as a kingdom with many breweries were drinking is common he will hae to prove himself eventually

Right now Turin is focused on getting off this continent he doesn't know were but he hopes some place with forest he misses the forest of Arandur in his homeland and he hopes a place with good ale mead and wine, and some friendly Fräuleins'
Wesley D. Y.
user 6127759
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 1,047
"The Chronicles of Beppe the Magnificent"
by Beppe the Bard
Entry #376

Firstly, about my imprisonment: How was I to know that was THE Emperor's daughter? All I can say is that I'm lucky I was locked in a cell, and not sent straight to the chopping block.

But then, I'm always THE lucky one, right? Knocked that stupid guard out cold with a lucky strike.

Interesting group of characters who helped free us all, much obliged to them all. I was scared stiff in those crypts we passed through. I must say, our encounters with The Many were very odd. This group must've been like weak, or sick ... or maybe cut-off from their collective hive mind. They were easy to dispatch (well ... relatively) and didn't move all that quickly ... usually the bastards rush at you like a maniac, crying 'Hurry! RUN!" in their sadistic way.

And I especially hate it when The Many start to swarm all over you, climbing up walls like creepy little spiders and such ... gives me the chills. I usually hit the closest one upside the head with my lute and make a run for it.

Back into the fresh air though, I quietly took my leave of my liberators and went back into the main city to clean-up a bit ... need some supplies, and then need to get the heck out of here. Bumped right back into three of those guys though, right in the marketplace. They instantly ran afoul of Thaytis' infamous "hospitality" when the shop keeper noticed an elf among them (hard to hide those delicate eyes, no matter how much you brush you hair over your ears!) and I calculate that he charged them 25% over the market price. Said he had no horses either ... I "aquired" one from the back stable while he was busy and took my leave.

Looking back over my shoulder, I think I spotted the same group camping on the side of the road, about 3 miles away from me... seems we're all heading to the same port.

Updated information on the Capitol city of Thaytis: This is still THE most cosmopolitan city in the known world ... 8th level spellcasting available ... EXCELLENT trade and marketplace (Some SWEET magic items) ... and, of course, city defenses that not even a deity could probably penetrate.

Party Achievements:
10+ Undead creatures killed in a single session
"It's wet ain't it? Drink it!" Award for drinking a bad potion

Kevin B.
Turlock
Medina, NY
Post #: 121
Journal entry from Teal Bluewing - Elven Ambassador from the Woodland Realm of Alfheim:

Escaped our fetters and was grateful to find my magnificent Mallornwood Composite Greatbow which has been passed down in my family for generations. It was sitting on a table and it appears that the guards were casting lots to see who it would go to. If they knew of its true capabilities and worth, it most likely would've ended in bloodshed. However, it's now back in the hands of its true and rightful owner. Upon inspection, it appears to be undamaged and none the worse for.... What the HELL!? It smells of human ASS!! What were those head damaged guards doing to my sacred family heirloom weapon!?

Addendum - Thankfully, I was able to rid my bow of the unpleasant odor by employing a mixture of various herbs that I learned of during my Ranger training in Alfheim. My bow now has the far more pleasant aroma of autumn leaves and patchouli. Thank the gods!!

Joshua R.
LordOfWar
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 47
Bought and downloaded the ultimate combat on pdf (I like books buti cant beat 10.00 fpr a 40.00 book) so of anyone wants the pdf for free next sessiom bring your laptop or flash drive and you can have it if you cant wait till saturday I suggest you buy it from paizo there are a large amount of new feats and weapons I haven't even scratched the surface yet although I am really liking the new magus arcana!
Joshua R.
LordOfWar
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 48
Diary of Turin Sigmund Allard Von Risenschild

I really hate this place, I hate it I hate it! The ale is of poor quality, the women are not friendly (in fact no one is) the government is is run by savages! I thought we might get lucky when we assisted a Knight named Helmut. Helmut well traveled individual was probably the first tolerant person i have met since i involuntarily left my home. (aside from that Bepe fellow who was as useful as wet kindling) Helmut led us to his family estate, which happen to be in the city were we needed to leave this gods forsaken Continent! there i finally managed to get a decent bath (bathing in the rivers is never a pleasant experience). However the place was incredibly dreary. Now i had grown up in a castle and I know that a castle usually does not have a warm charm but this place was colder then a grave yard. Teal seemed to suspect something as did Devor. As they explored the castle. The meal was quite frankly the best food i have had in months maybe even a year. The ale and wine were okay but i miss the lager, Mead and Ale's that came from the Rissenschild breweries. However back to the subject at hand Helmut's family... I thought my family was screwed up my father and did not speak to me very much and my step mother beat the shiste out me until i was 10 but dinner at least my brother and the knights in fathers service were pleasant. the father is adulterous lecher the one son is lecherous for his mother, one daughter is a shrew the other is starving her self, and the other gluttonous swine! another son hygiene and behavior is that of trash ogre. the eldest son was sadistic slime. he in fact poisoned his brother and our host Helmut (i am guessing he responsible for the families condition i hope) the brother who's name was Erich took helmut to the chapel. we were stooped by orkish guards and Helmut's twig of a sister we dispatched the guards and i smashed the twigs head with the blunt part of my blade (if helmut was alive i wouldn't want to further upset him by killing one of his siblings. Sadly Helmut the one upstanding native i have met was found dead from the poison( by Caliean's rapier do i hate this place.) we perused Erich not before finding some demons and dispatching them. One nearly killed poor Nighshade but Teal's bow fund its mark and felled the fowl hell-spawn! we then perused the Treacherous Erich to a layer were he appeared to be summoning a something of malevolence. We engaged him i used a crossbow i must admit i am not good with ranged weaponry but both my bolt and my spell hit there mark by the grace of Caliean! however minor hellspawn appeared and made life difficult for Devor. Grant's bow manged to hit some marks and his song of encouragement, helped us fell the vile Erich. Helmut was avenged, however the summoning had been completed and a force of evil had emerged one which i have never seen before and banished us. or fortunes were not kind to us as we ended in the north far from the coast. (good gods i hate this land) We found ourselves in village of dwarven miners who were enslaved by the empire to mine, their foreman was a vile individual who sadistically abused the dwarves everyday. to make matters worse the only activity the dwarves took pleasure in aside from drinking was mining and they couldn't even do that because a dragon of black scales has taken up residence in the mine! I could not abide this situation! I convinced the party that we must take action and make the lives of these dwarves better! My god Caliean Cayden would not stand for this situation, and my late brother Fredrick would express utter disapointment if I were to allow the status quo to remain! First we must take down this vile foreman! I with Devor by my side and teal grant and Nightshade perched on top of the houses I called this brute. I admit my passions got the better of me and maybe i should have considered engage him at range at my current state. He plumbed me twice causing me to fall in battle but i was not felled, as i am writing this entry. I managed to land 2 strikes on the villain, but it was Teal who i was told delivered the final blow. Nightshade once again manged to save me. With that task out of the way we must concern ourselves with the dragon The prospects of taking on such a creature may not seem bright, but if these dwarves do not return to the mines the empire will perhaps send another cruel foreman to make these noble peoples lives miserable. If the mines are producing i doubt the empire will care if there is a foreman or not. I know dragons acquire vast sums of wealth so maybe i can convince the more reluctant members of our party with the prospect of treasure!

I wan't to get off this continent I don't care were i go at this point as long as its away from here Teal says he is an ambassador from a land were there is a giant forest that spreads everywhere! it is populated by elves maybe we can go there i miss the Arandur Forest which were a constant presence in my childhood perhaps this forest Alfheim will remind me of home if the part so chooses to go there.
Kevin B.
Turlock
Medina, NY
Post #: 122
John, Matt, Ashley.... we missed you guys last night. It was a great night of gaming! I look forward to seeing you guys at the next one!

Kevin B.
Turlock
Medina, NY
Post #: 123
Wes....

I know what experience we gained from the adventure last night but didn't know if we received any gold as well. I don't recall you saying that anything we fought had gold but I wasn't sure if the dwarves might have rewarded us for, at least, getting rid of the local bully. Teal wants to have some extra jink to pick up an Explorer's Outfit to wear under his leather armor. It's a chafing issue. =)
Matt S
user 12100247
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 92
Thanks for the updates guys. Sorry I couldn't make it but looking forward to the next session
Wesley D. Y.
user 6127759
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 1,051
Kevin: That entire session was mostly roleplaying & XP ... I don't recall any gold. Don't worry, it's coming. =)