The Buffalo Gamers Society! Message Board RPG Campaign & Delve Night Discussions › Garrett's D&D Essentials Thursday Night Middle Earth Romp

Garrett's D&D Essentials Thursday Night Middle Earth Romp

Garrett C.
garrettacrowe
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 38
Hiya,
I've secured the War Store at 1155 Sheridan Drive, Tonawanda to run Dungeons and Dragons Essentials Middle Earth on Thursdays in September. Games will be 5-8pm.

Bring your first level Essentials character. To make it more Middle Earth, I'll be using the Middle Earth races modifiers and allow feats from the Middle Earth Homebrew Guide.
The adventure takes place near the end of the Third Age in Southern Gondor. The PCs are in Pelargir looking for work on a ship. The first mate is named Gilligan... oh wait, scratch that.
Got questions? E-mail Garrett Crowe.
Wesley D. Y.
user 6127759
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 1,042
Thanks, Jim, for adding this to the calendar.
Jim M.
Paleogamer
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 482
No problem, that's what assistants are for ;)
Garrett C.
garrettacrowe
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 41
It is 1640 of the Third Age of Middle Earth. Your PCs are looking for guard work in Faunilond, Southern Gondor. Rumors abound that pirates are active near the Red Cliffs of the Haradwaith. Please use this info when building your character.

You can come and go from the campaign as you wish, as you can with Encounters. If you want to play once, cool. If you are going to miss a week, that's fine also. If you're chomping a the bit for the whole campaign, sign on up. Any questions? gmg@threat-detected.com
Garrett
Garrett C.
garrettacrowe
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 43
We spent the first session building characters. I think all players truly appreciated the stream-lined nature of Essentials for character creation. We also used the Spirit of the Century rules of character creation (the 6 questions). Aspects will be used in two ways: I can compel a PC with their aspect for a free action point that must be spent that encounter and 2) an aspect can be invoked by doing a battle shout/motivational speech before performing an attack/skill to get an automatic +1 to attack/skill. Each aspect can only be invoked once per encounter.
Garrett