The Buffalo Gamers Society! Message Board RPG Campaign & Delve Night Discussions › September 4th - Sunday Night With 2nd Edition

September 4th - Sunday Night With 2nd Edition

Christopher S. W.
KumKawtKiller
Niagara Falls, NY
Post #: 311
Remember when you rolled a saving throw and you cringed when you needed a 16 or better to save vs. spell in order not to start laughing uncontrollably?

Remember when you sat down at a gaming table knowing that almost everything that you needed was on a character sheet and you didn't have to flip through four books to find what you were looking for (unless you a spellcaster that is!)?

Remember when you could actually figure out what THaC0 truly meant and that not all classes had the same experience tables?

And alos remember when at 1st level you actually could get squashed pretty quickly?

I knew you could remember. And I'm bringing that all back in a fun and joyous romp down memory lane. Crack open those old Player Handbooks, dust off those character kits and get ready to figure out if you have to roll high or low for something all over again.

I have a crapload of stuff from 2nd Edition AD&D that is just collecting dust on my shelf. Most of it is Ravenloft but I have stuff for Forgotten Realms etc. What I'm going to do is start on Sunday nights at UB once or twice a month an AD&D open game. In other words, players can come and go as they please as long as they are willing to try 2nd Edition and not worry that there is no battle map anywhere to be seen.

This is NOT just for vets but also for new players to the Meetup and gaming in general. I'm not a GM who is very intense and honestly, I'm treating this endevour as something to generate new interest and honestly (from what Matt and I talked about previously) "get people out of their comfort zones."

More information will be posted over the next week or so but I'm going to do this in 2 weeks and I hope to have players who are willing to go down memory lane with me. :)
Jim M.
Paleogamer
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 486
I put up a Meetup for that date Christopher, you are the host so you can edit the posting. Let me know if you need anything.
Christopher S. W.
KumKawtKiller
Niagara Falls, NY
Post #: 312
Thanks Jim! I appreciate it.