align-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcamerachatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-crosscrosseditemptyheartfacebookfullheartglobegoogleimagesinstagramlocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartwitteryahoo

The Buffalo Gamers Society! Message Board RPG Campaign & Delve Night Discussions › 50 Fathoms Swashbuckling Fantasy

50 Fathoms Swashbuckling Fantasy

Glenn S.
user 13215582
Tonawanda, NY
Post #: 14
I'm currently looking for players to start up a game of 50 Fathoms using the Savage Worlds system. It's a fantasy setting inspired by the age of piracy. Any experience level is welcome! I'm planning on running it at UB open gaming on Saturdays, but that's flexible. If you have any questions let me know!

50 Fathoms Explorer's Edition by Pinnacle Entertainment

Splunge42
user 2716160
Lancaster, NY
Post #: 3
I'd be interested in at least giving it a try. Is this savage worlds? I've heard of the game engine but never got to play it.

The only 50 Fathoms info that I've seen is the cardboard standups.

Glenn S.
user 13215582
Tonawanda, NY
Post #: 15
I'd be interested in at least giving it a try. Is this savage worlds? I've heard of the game engine but never got to play it.

The only 50 Fathoms info that I've seen is the cardboard standups.

Yes, it is Savage Worlds. The system pretty easy to learn if you've played other RPGs before. All you would need is a set of dice and a pencil, but if you do want to get the rules you would need the Savage Worlds Deluxe Edition and the 50 Fathoms Explorer's Edition. All of the polyhedrals - d4, d6, d8, d10, d12, and d20 are used plus an extra six sider that looks different from the others.

If you'd like to know more about 50 Fathoms, I linked to the product page for the setting book in the main post above. The description gives a basic rundown of what the world is like. If that link didn't work for you, you can also try here.

Would you be available on Saturdays for open gaming? Do you have a time restriction?