The Buffalo Gamers Society! Message Board Casual Game Night › Board and Card Games We Own

Board and Card Games We Own

Chris S
user 4833837
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 284
Well it was my idea so I'll start

Card Games
-Loot Pirate themed card game, 20 minutes to play 2-6 players
-Three Dragon Ante D&D themed card game, 45-60 minutes 3-6 players
-SkipBo A discard game.

Board Games
-Duel of Ages Heroes from across time are thrown together to do battle, 2 hours 2-4 players
-Talisman Quest type board game with a fantasy theme, 2-3 hours 2-6 players
- Settlers of Catan Eurogame sort of a rail / area control thing trying to get to 10 vp before anyone else.
- Carcassonne Euro Tile game

Other
- Inn Fighting D&D themed bar fighting dice game.
- The Game of Things Party Game
- Boxers or Briefs Party Game

I have others but that's all I can think of off the top of my head
Lorne
lornstar
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 388
Would anyone be interested in a poker game? Texas Hold em or 5 card Draw. no money involved just a straight up friendly game.
Wesley D. Y.
user 6127759
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 688
Would anyone be interested in a poker game? Texas Hold em or 5 card Draw. no money involved just a straight up friendly game.

Lorne, we used to hold, and still have photos of it, a Texas Hold em style tournament at Panera for prizes instead of cash. People kinda got burned-out on the idea after a while. That seems to be one of those games where if it isn't for money, it just isn't the "real" game. I dunno.
Wesley D. Y.
user 6127759
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 689
Well it was my idea so I'll start

Card Games
-Loot Pirate themed card game, 20 minutes to play 2-6 players
-Three Dragon Ante D&D themed card game, 45-60 minutes 3-6 players
-SkipBo A discard game.

Board Games
-Duel of Ages Heroes from across time are thrown together to do battle, 2 hours 2-4 players
-Talisman Quest type board game with a fantasy theme, 2-3 hours 2-6 players
- Settlers of Catan Eurogame sort of a rail / area control thing trying to get to 10 vp before anyone else.
- Carcassonne Euro Tile game

Other
- Inn Fighting D&D themed bar fighting dice game.
- The Game of Things Party Game
- Boxers or Briefs Party Game

I have others but that's all I can think of off the top of my head

I need to give Carcassonne another try - the first time I was introduced to it I had absolutely no idea what the hell I was doing. I kept trying to make the biggest city possible, and wound-up getting no points. Confused the hell out of me. lol

Also, I LOVE Settlers of Catan - Mark was wanting to get a game of that going as well, but he cancelled on us the last time - the heathen.
Wesley D. Y.
user 6127759
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 690
We've got Settlers of Catan as well. (Also have the card game Settlers, as well as a bible-based spin-off of Settlers set in Cannan, and a 'travel' version that is very small and mini-like)

I've got two little-played games by Steve Jackson Games:
- Tile Chess is a variant of chess played with no board, and just various tiles. The pieces sorta move like regular chess pieces, except that it can handle up to 8 people. A very cut-throat version of chess.

- Knightmare Chess is a variant of chess played via a deck of cards, like Magic The Gathering. Each card allows you to break the rules of normal chess and do crazy stuff, like rotate the board, move two pieces at once, "explode" a piece, etc.

And if you combine both Tile Chess and Knightmare Chess you've got the most chaotic version of chess EVER invented. lol

My wife and I own probably more than three dozen "traditional" games, like Sorry, Scrabble, Chinese Checkers, Uno, Blokus, Ruin, etc. that we bring to the meetup at Panera every other Friday.

- We also have Fluxx, just the regular version. This is a very fun and wild game where the objectives, play rules, and items at hand change all the time (Thus the name). There's also Zombie Fluxx, and a few other variantions.

- Monopoly DEAL is about the only variant of Monopoly that we've played regularly at the meetup, since it can actually be completed within a reasonable amout of time, and seems to be more fun than the real game. You must put-together 3 monopolies (sets of cards of all the same colour) while dealing with your opponents trying to do the same thing, stealing your cards, busting-up what you have, etc. My wife's favourite game.
Tony S
9214-116-738
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 432
I would love to try all of these games. Maybe we can do some of this on a sunday sometime too?
Drew S.
straygeologist
Pittsburgh, PA
Post #: 506
@Tony, i swear, you are trying to edge out of my Monthly Sunday Cthulhu game aren't you? Just say the word, and i'll kill your character next time, freeing up you Sunday schedule indefinately ;^)
Wesley D. Y.
user 6127759
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 693
I would love to try all of these games. Maybe we can do some of this on a sunday sometime too?

Once things settle down, and the other group closes, I'll do a poll and find out what's the best day for CGN. Friday may not be the best day anymore.
Tony S
9214-116-738
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 433
cool.
Rodney
Candyman
Elma, NY
Post #: 1,207