addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupsimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Buford Highway Foodies Message Board › Panahar Bangledshi Meetup Menu

Panahar Bangledshi Meetup Menu

A former member
Hi Y'all,

Here is the menu below, that is suggested by Panahar. It looks great me and a good deal for 23$, I know that we will not leave hungry. Please remember that this Restaurant has a Bring Your own Beer and Wine policy. No hard liquor. Which they will serve us. We might have a group buying of wine and beer if I get back a large response. Please either comment on Meetup or write me to confirm your choice.

Look forward to seeing you there.

Edgar

BUFORD  HIGHWAY  FOODIE

CLUB  DINNER

Thursday             May 16, 2013                7 PM      30 Guests

First Course

PAKORA

Sliced mixed vegetable with whole coriander, cumin, chickpea flour, and other spices.  Served with mint & tamarind sauce.

Second Course

PURI SHRIMP   - or –   PURI CHICKEN TIK-KA    - or -    PURI NIRAMISH

Shrimp, or grilled Chicken Tik-ka, or Mixed Vegetable served with ‘Puri’ (puffy whole wheat unleavened bread)

--- sautéed with roasted onions, chopped cilantro, ginger-garlic-turmeric & other spices.

Third Course

►► all items served no charge for any substitution ◄◄-

CHICKEN  TIK-KA  MOSHOL-LA

White meat chicken marinated in special Tondoori sauce, herbs & spices, and barbecued in

‘Tondoori Clay Oven’.  Cooked again in a creamy herb sauce with peeled tomato.

BEEF  ACHAAR

Cubed Beef, cooked in Bangladeshi mustard oil, with chopped green mangoes, and other herbs & spices.

SHAAG  PONIR

Chopped ‘Paalong Shaag’ (spinach) cooked in a creamy herb sauce, with cubed homemade ‘Poneer’ (cheese).

CHAANA  BEGOON

‘Chaana’ (garbanzo beans) cooked with roasted skinless pureed ‘Begoon’ (eggplant) ---

with tomatoes, grilled onions, garlic, ginger, turmeric, cumin, and other spices.

Rice ~  MOTOR-SHOOTI  POLAO

Aromatic ‘Baash-motee’ rice sautéed with ‘Motor-Shooti’ (green peas), grilled onion, raisins, and a blend of herbs.

Bread  ~  MIXED  NAAN

Soft unleavened hand rolled white flour flat bread stuffed with

shredded cheese, minced garlic, chopped onion & cilantro --- made in the ‘Tondoori Clay Oven’.

Condiment ~  ONION  CHUTNEY

Spicy homemade relish with chopped onion, peeled tomatoes, red chili powder, chopped cilantro, fresh limejuice, etc.

Fourth Course ~ Dessert

MISHTEE  DOI

Homemade baked Bangladeshi ‘Doi’ (yogurt) made from milk sweetened with honey.

$23 Per Person    ~   Price Includes Sales Tax

A former member
Post #: 1
Edgar, I am unclear what you need me to confirm - the fixed menu or off the menu or ... whether we are interested in wine/beer? The fixed menu is fine with me and I plan on bringing a bottle red zin.

Hope this answers your question.