$12.00 For-1 yr From sign up
This covers: General Funds Descrecionary use and Website Fee's
Payment is accepted using:
Your organizer will refund you if:
Building Friendships Together-Women’s Group (Henderson/LV NV)
Started Monday February 1, 2010
There are knitting clubs, crochet clubs, many types of church groups, writing societies, camping groups, etc.
This will not be that.
This is for all women, Working, Underemployed, Unemployed, Homemakers, Wives, Singles, Divorced, those with and without children -interested in forming close friendship bonds.
This will be without the limits of our different Religious backgrounds, Specific interests, hobbies/economic situations or other status symbols.
All ages so far 20-84 is our chronicalogical age range.
This is to be a group which will grow and expand and is for helping women make real long lasting friendships, letting others get to know you, sharing thoughts, fears, joys, skills, talents, knowledge etc. We also need to know each other’s limits/boundaries and time constraints.
We will start out as a discussion group. Then move into scheduled activities. Day, Evening and weekend stuff- Helping each other with things like, updating resumes, gardening, cooking/baking, sharing talents/ interests, walking our dogs in the local parks, having a picnic, having a girls nite out, bringing in show and tell items that we will share about us, our lives, experiences
and most importantly who we are today and where we want to go, etc.
We will be forming groups that will also form individual friendships/interest groups within it.
We can have someone to go shopping with, to whine over a cup of tea, or laugh over a cup of coffee, or to call in the middle of the night when we have a bad dream, or to share in the tedious task of going through a closet or cleaning out a garage, or giving us a reality check when we start to wallow in the mire of living daily lives.
Someone to talk over our “FEMALE” stuff with for those of us without Mom’s, in our lives.
This is about women getting to really know one another. Helping each other be better women and taking care of each other emotionally, spiritually, physically. Getting each other through job loss, deaths, failed relationships, and celebrating the awesomeness of life, having children/grandchildren, new relationships, getting married, and all that goes along with opening your eyes in the morning and facing another day.
Many of us are facing it alone and the current organizations and groups we are active in are not feeding this need.
If you feel the same way, I hope you will join us and see where it takes us all.
Personal note: My motivation is…
I have been a member of BFT since it began and this group has made a tremendous positive change in my life. Before BFT I spent all day lying on my couch and IF my phone rang it was one of 3 people. After joining BFT I needed to get a 5 week whiteboard to keep track of my schedule and answering my phone was always exciting since I never new who would be calling. I gained a nickname as well as meeting and socializing with many wonderful women. Recently I have had an additional challenge since I can no longer drive, the friends I have made have made my life not just endurable but enjoyable. I can no longer imagine my life without a group of friends. I am honored to be the organizer of Building Friendships Together.
Women just making friends with other women.
Our group has decided that some basic standards need to be set to make it all Work.
1. There will not be Smoking "in" any Event-smokers must leave the area of the group meetup or go outside ( Even if they are the HOSTESS).
2. We will contact non-active members after we have not seen them at an event in the first month of registering and if no contact is made by the member after another Month passes they may be removed. This will be at the discretion of the Organizer.
3. If any violence occurs at an event, there will be a -0- tolerance policy, anyone involved will be asked to leave and will be removed (Banned) from our group.
4a We will have MEMBERSHIP/DUES of $12.00 per year. Cash, Check or Paypal, paid to the organizer or on the site. These funds will be used to cover the cost of our MEETUP.COM website (72.00 2 x's a YR) Due in August and February for MEETUP.COM renewals of our site and materials, supplies, etc. necessary. We will provide supplies or reimburse the Hostess for expenses on a case by case basis.
There will be no refunds of Membership dues/fee.
If your Membership / Dues is not paid in a timely manner or you have not appeared at an event within 90 days or discussed it with the Organizer with in 3 months-you may be removed from the group. You will be welcomed back to join us, when your ready to participate.
5. We will allow product promotion and sales i.e. Pampered Chef, Mary Kay- Ideas to be posted and an Event set up, after you have been actively involved once a month for six months, if someone chooses to Host one, sales/business promotion at others events will be discouraged.
6. There will be no toleration for putting other BFT Girlfriends at risk. The member who does will be removed. We are friends and friends Protect, not put-at-risk their Friends.
7 You must be willing to provide your full name- First and Last, email address, contact phone, Home address to the Organizer for the Master list of our girlfriends.
If you do not want your info shared you may ask that it not be.
Membership committee does provide and we post on our website a GIRLFRIEND CONTACT LIST with
so that you ladies can contact each other if you so choose outside the MEETUP.COM format.
We are trying to build friendships, which means trust on both sides of those involved.
If you can not provide at least minimal contact information, we may not be the Meetup group for you.
8. If you RSVP yes for an event you must take responsibility to the HOSTESS for showing up or cancelling in a timely manner. 72 HOURS /3 days prior. Many of our events have waiting lists and it is discourteous to take and not use a spot. If an event has a fee, you will be expected to pay it, even if you do not show up. We are not debt collectors-so we will have more events posted with costs to be paid up front attached.
If it is a cash-at-the-door-event, same rules apply.
Your name will be given to our Membership committee, you will get a call about the discourteous action of NO SHOW, and after (3) Paid events are missed your membership may be removed.
As we grow as a group, let us grow as Friends and remember the Golden Rule of "Treat others as you wish to be treated", so we all should be treated like the Diva, Goddess' we are at heart.
I am enjoying with whole heart all the ladies and activities that are happening in this group and if you are we are successful !!!
Your dedicated Organizer
from LV Excursions
from Saxbys coffee Shop
1,870 Cool people
Friday, Mar 07
393 Cooks and Food lovers
Tuesday, Mar 11
312 Real Foodies
Friday, Mar 07
75 Matinee Movie Mavericks
Thursday, Mar 20
6,906 Vegas Hikers
Friday, Mar 07
404 Knitters and Crocheters
Wednesday, Mar 12