The Edmonton English Bulldog Meetup Group Message Board › Recommended Vets for a fearful Bully.

Recommended Vets for a fearful Bully.

Nicole
user 56347102
Edmonton, AB
Post #: 1
Hi everyone, I have a very timid/fearful dog that is now 9 months old and needs to be spayed at some point. Because she is so timid we have been working in stages and accomplishing small goals one at a time. Walking past the sign and lamp post and under tree branches and so on and so on....We have only had her since July 13 so it hasn't been to long but she needs to visit the vet for checkup and spaying. She is so timid I cant even get her out our front door or let alone down a new trail (for now anyways). She also will not let strangers pet her and definitely wont allow them to handle her at this time.
So can anyone recommend a vet that will be gentle and patient and knows Bulldogs so when she has progressed enough to go to the vets Ill know where to go? She needs to be fixed but with her level of fear with not only strangers but places and objects and noises Im a little hesitant to bring her to just anyone. I also don't want to go to someone who will be loud and forceful with her and set her back in her progress.
It would also be great if she could even meet a friend that could work as encouragement for her. Im not to sure how she would react with other dogs tho. She came from a lady that was a breeder and had a large pack. But so far since we have had her and she's met dogs on leash she avoids them, and doesn't show much interest. ( On leash incase she has a fearful moment and runs or something happens) For obvious reasons she has not been to the dog park yet either which I would love to do. Then eventually one day we can come to the Meetups! But until then we will keep working on accomplishing one small step at a time. :)
Nicole
nmork
Edmonton, AB
Post #: 13
I go to two vets, on here in the city for small things but I also have went to Wetaskawin Vet and saw Dr. Fiona. She was FANTASTIC!!! She handled Bailey with great care (us too!) and she was not expensive. I would totally reccomend her if you are willing to do the drive.
Sharon H.
user 34382762
Edmonton, AB
Post #: 4
We use Dr Amy at Riverside Vet Clinic in Devon. She and her staff are all VERY GOOD and know Bull Dogs inside out.