The Edmonton English Bulldog Meetup Group Message Board › Any one else had an health issues with puppies from Iroc?

Any one else had an health issues with puppies from Iroc?

Kristy
user 110759712
Edmonton, AB
Post #: 1
Hi all, just wondering if any one has had any issues with pups from Iroc? I have a male, just about a year old that I purchased from Iroc, he has had four surgeries already due to a prolapsed penis, and a teste that didn't drop, which has cost thousands. And just had him back at the vets today and he has now been diagnosed with arthritis. I contacted Iroc, and I'm finding she isn't very helpful, just wondering if I am the only one that's had all these health issues?
Derrick & W.
user 66001232
Sherwood Park, AB
Post #: 3
Yes,, Wilfred and my previous dog Reuben both came from Iroc and each has had some health concerns. Wilf more so the Reuben.
Jackie & E.
user 4751417
Edmonton, AB
Post #: 43
Hi,
Zsu Zsi had so many health issues (see discussion on "looking for reputable breeder...") that her vet bill cost me over $40,000.00 in her seven years and when she passed away of a collapse trachea (after earlier surgeries to try to prevent it) it was so brutally painful to watch. I learned early that Kandie would not be any help, I did not get Zsu Zsi's papers and nor any response to repeated requests. At one point I made mention of this to some of the members of this meet up group and later heard that Kandie was telling people that my dog came from another breeder, that she was not an Iroc dog. I was furious, as it was Iroc that I approach for a puppy, it was Iroc that took my money and Iroc on the contract that I signed, which incidentally was void because they did keep their end of the contract.
I will never purchase a dog from Iroc and would never recommend them.
Sandra G.
user 49809452
Spruce Grove, AB
Post #: 6
In the beginning when I first found out about Iroc Bulldogs, we were happy that Kandie was local and close, but I have heard several disappointing stories of people who purchased bulldogs from her. My puppy, so far hasn't had too many concerns, she is only 1 1/2, we cross our fingers everyday. We love our bulldog to the moon and back. I also had a situation trying to get my papers too, but I did get them eventually, My situation was kind of similar, we approached Iroc for a puppy, money went to Iroc, but my puppy came from a different breeder. That should never be an issue. All I know is, my next bulldog will be from a rescue in Calgary or the breeder in Innisfail.
Kiley, Wade & M.
KileyDearling
Edmonton, AB
Post #: 5
Both my bulldogs are from iroc as well. Our 3 year old female has underdeveloped tear ducts which cause chronic eye infections, and has chronic lung infections that has affected her breathing. Our 2 year old male has a prolapsed penis and his testes never dropped either. He had a seizure at 6 months old that gave him brain damage, not severe but noticeable, as well as an introverted tail which we had to get removed. I still dont have the papers for the male. I probably wouldn't recommend iroc. But in all fairness, bulldogs are prone to health issues.
Chantelle (Ames) D...
cmames
Edmonton, AB
Post #: 19
Our first bully was not directly from Iroc, but the mom was an Iroc bred with one of Kandie's males.

We lost Bullini just before she turned six. She had a pallet reduction and cherry eye surgery when she was younger, but we thought she was otherwise healthy. She ended up going in for another eye surgery and we lost her during surgery because of her breathing issues. She had a very narrow airway and her heart and lungs just gave up right after the surgery because they'd been working extra hard for so long to get the air and oxygen that she needed. The autopsy came back that they were surprised she actually lived for as long as she did with such a narrow trachea.

She had an amazing temperament, but we did not get a second Iroc dog because of these health issues and the worry that we would end up in the same position all over again.