Burnsville & Burbs - People Doing Stuff Message Board › Gun Shoot Details

Gun Shoot Details

Julie
user 14472321
Group Organizer
Burnsville, MN
Hi guys.

I just wanted to touch base about this event. It is essentially an “unhosted” event. Dan who posted it belongs to the gun club and just wanted everyone to know about the event. He is working at it (along with his wife & son) so can’t really “host.”  I went last year and we never really met up on site as a group as I had no idea where to say to meet, what to expect, etc. But meeting up in a large group wouldn’t be ideal in this situation as there are multiple shooting stations/options, and you’d never want to go stand in line with a group of 40 other people – you’d never get a chance to shoot!

Some of you are coming alone and may be looking to make a new friend or two to enjoy the event with. When you arrive you check in and get earplugs. Based on last year’s layout, my best recommendation would be to gather to the left of the check in area. Last year there was a tent with some seating & you could gather there. IF SOME OF YOU WANT TO MEET OTHER PEOPLE FROM THIS GROUP ON SITE YOU SHOULD POST A COMMENT UNDER THIS EVENT LISTING SO YOU KNOW WHO IS LOOKING TO CONNECT PRIOR TO BRANCHING OFF TO THE SHOOTING STATIONS.

Last year I made it to probably 5 or 6 different stations (shooting bowling pins with a 9mm, black powder rifle, skeet shooting, AK47, etc). There is definitely some standing in line, but plenty of opportunity to shoot. The crowds thinned out towards the end & there was hardly any waiting.

Two last things:

1) Dan posted this:

How to find us at the ladies day gun shoot: The three of us will be wearing navy blue t-shirts that say FIRE on the back. Henley (son) will be helping the cooks, Terry (wife) will be shooting on the various ranges, and I (Dan) will be assigned to the bowling pin range. When you arrive at the check-in table, make sure you let them know you are with Meetup's. Look for us and say 'hi' too.

2) There is no admission fee – but ammunition is not cheap. The gun club accepts (and I assume very much appreciates) donations. They clearly put a lot of effort into hosting this community event and I think making a donation is the right thing to do (but again is not required).

Have fun shooting!

Julie