Bushcrafting, Survival & Tracking Message Board Wilderness Survival & Intuition Discussion Forum › 6th Sense Class, No attendee limit, Dog attack example

6th Sense Class, No attendee limit, Dog attack example

Alex
user 10582382
Portland, OR
We have a space and time for this popular meetup. I may not be able to do this one again for while so try to come if you can! There's no attendee limit.

I've always found this topic fascinating and I use this skill everyday. Here's a quick example:

My intuition has, for a long time, helped me avoid being attacked by dogs. One of my first significant experiences of intuition prevented a serious dog attack and then just last Saturday while I was prepping my bush knife class I had a similar (less serious but useful) experience.

I had a couple of intuitive 'hits,' one was just from an approaching group down the trail, the second confused my because I couldn't tell if it was from the same group but it put me on guard and I was expecting something to happen.

Suddenly I froze, turned, and there was a big dog staring at me. It must have been part boxer and part something really big. It had a mottled color. It ran at me barking. I was pretty nervous but I just stood there, not looking at it and kept splitting a dogwood shoot I found.

It stood just a couple of feet away barking and challenging me very intensely, very aggressively. I knew that if I ran, flinched, directly confronted it I would have been bit, at least, and that wouldn't have been awesome.

Nothing happened and I don't think that I was in real danger from this but I got two things out of this interaction:

The first was a question. "Why am I continually challenged by dogs?" It seems to be a theme.

The second was that intuition put me in a space where I wouldn't be surprised. I had ample warning that let me prepare mentally for 'something' and that was enough to avoid potential conflict.

Anyway, at the meetup we'll talk about similar, and more dramatic examples of intuition in nature.

Alex

I've updated this Meetup. For more details, see the full listing:
http://www.meetup.com/Wilderness-Survival-Intuition/events/51575452/­

When: Saturday, April 14, 2012 10:00 AM

Where: TaborSpace Annex (Mt. Tabor Presbyterian Church)
5441 SE Belmont
Portland, OR 97215

Suggested Donation: $5.00 per person

If the changes affect your plans to attend, please take a moment to update your RSVP. (You can RSVP "No" or "Yes".)

You can always get in touch with me through my group profile on Meetup.