addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo
A former member
Hey everybody!

I just wanted to say hello to all of our members new and returning and wish you all a happy holidays. I'm taking a little break from classes until after the new year (I think I'm still drying out from the hypothermia class), so be on the lookout for lots more tracking, awareness, and survival classes in January.

I also want to thank everyone for a great year. The end of January will be our 1 year anniversary, so it's our paper anniversary, which is appropriate because I know we're all about stackin that paper, am I right, people? Maybe some type of celebration or special event will be in order.

If you missed the hypothermia class I'm hoping to post an even better and colder version in late January. And if you haven't seen the pictures where I look like a zombie coming out of the water check them out.

Hypothermia Photos

Although don't let that stop you from watching me humiliate myself in person next year.

Happy and safe holidays to everyone!

Alex
A former member
Post #: 2
I'm not sure I understand why you think it is humiliating. I wasn't there, but it seems to me you are going all out to teach by example. Although I applaud your efforts I am not sure I would enjoy seeing you get in that ice water and stand around wet (it is the mother in me).

Hope your holidays are magical! And happy new year!

gloria
A former member
Post #: 2
Oh I'm just joking and yes I'm trying to set an example. I think a good survival instructor will use him or herself as a guinea pig (safely) to really see what works and what doesn't.

I hope to see you at another meetup soon!

Best to you for the holidays!

Alex