To those who are interested in learning business Chinese and developing a network for doing business with Chinese people, we are the Meetup group you’ve been looking for!
We will help you:
1) Advance your overall understanding of the Chinese language
2) Learn about Chinese business culture (what to do, what not to do)
3) Expand your knowledge of Chinese and international businesses, and ultimately
4) Promote Chinese-International business relations and communication
We will hold bi-weekly meetings, where participants can study and discuss business topics using Chinese vocabulary & grammar and incorporating materials such as news articles, blogs, TV programs, and other communicative media.
We designed this course for people who feel comfortable conversing in Chinese. We will not use any English in the group and we will explain concepts entirely in Chinese. If you’re not sure if your Chinese language level is high enough to join our discussions, we will offer a second meeting for novices and intermediate learners, also focusing on business Chinese.
We hope that you will bring topics relevant to your interests so that we can customize the lessons to suit you.
Here are examples of other topics we can discuss:
- Business etiquette and customs - Case studies involving Chinese and International businesses - Formal vs. informal Chinese language - Science and technology - Entrepreneurship, Internet, and telecommunications - Economy and finance - Accounting and marketing - Current affairs in China - Chinese business ethics
This Meetup group is also a great opportunity to network within the Chinese business community. We hope to see you there!