Business Intelligence development teams strive for Agile development but often fail because migration between environments can be tedious and time consuming. But now the problem of disruptive environment migration can be eliminated by having seamless environment integration. How do you achieve seamless environment integration? By implementing Continuous Integration Tools in combination with Business Intelligence Tools. Once implemented, with just 1 click, you can update your Testing or Production environment with changes coming directly out of your Development environment. We will cover the following topics in the presentation:
• Problems we are looking to solve: BI Development is commonly done in production and BI Development is tediously migrated across environments.
• Define Continuous Integration
• Understand the value of implementing Continuous Integration - time savings and productivity gain
• Understand how Continuous Integration enables BI Agile development
• Review an example of Continuous Integration with BI Tools
• Explain how to setup Continuous BI Infrastructure
• Review how Continuous Integration could be applied to BI/Analytics tools such as OBIEE, Informatica, ODI, Oracle SQL, and Oracle R
• Period for Questions
Jeff Shauer, Owner at JS Business Intelligence, LLC, specializes in delivering end-to-end Hyperion Planning, Essbase, and OBIEE solutions. He builds robust technical solutions specific to what a company needs and also helps companies perform advanced statistical analysis that leads to new insights.
Please plan on arriving between 6 and 6:30 pm. The discussion will start at 6:30 and will go until 7:30 pm. Food will be provided.
Take the orange line to Courthouse Metro Station.
Take the Wilson Blvd exit (on your left).
Walk 2 blocks W (or turn left) on Wilson/Clarendon Blvd to 2300 Wilson Blvd.
On-site garage parking: $5.00 for first hour, $10.00 per day.
Metered street parking: $1.00 per hour, Free after 6:00 pm.
Free parking garage: 6:00 pm or later weekdays at 2200 Clarendon Blvd.
The DC Business Intelligentsia and DC Business Intelligence & Analytics - Networking & Learning are co-organizing this event. If you plan on attending, you only need to sign up once on either meetup.