Silicon Valley Business of Engineering Social Meetup Message Board › Any Extrusion Manufacturing Engineers out there?
|A former member||
The Company is looking for a high energy, hands-on Engineer with background in Plastics or Chemical Manufacturing Engineering. The successful candidate will assume responsibility for the migration of new products from the development phase into manufacturing. This person will be primarily responsible for the “Design for Manufacturability” portion of the extrusion development process. Come join us as we start a new manufacturing facility and bring new products to the Medical Products family.
- Participate in all current process development programs.
- Working with marketing, develop standard process platforms to support new market and product opportunities.
- Deploy process platforms in accordance with FDA regulations for process validation.
- Establish process capabilities for existing and new processes. Enhance capabilities if necessary.
- Optimize and Scale-up manufacturing process for new products in a timely manner.
- Perform Equipment Installation qualification (IQ) and process validation that includes operational qualification (OQ) and performance qualification (PQ).
- Carry out PFMEA’s and generate control plans.
- Establish and implement design for manufacturability standards to ensure compliance of product design to best manufacturing practices.
- Mentor other engineers on manufacturing development practices including process planning, risk assessment, process design, process development, and control planning.
- Create machine performance specifications as needed.
- Recommend or specify machine designs and/or improvements.
-Work with and/or direct teams of engineers, Product Managers, and other disciplines to meet specific marketing/sales needs and timelines.
- Establish costs for new products.
- Set-up manufacturing procedures and train production personnel on new processing techniques.
- Initiate/manage capital equipment projects; specify and implement new manufacturing equipment.
- Analyze yield and process data.
- Manage capital plan for Menlo Park – Medical.
- Document technical and manufacturing information.
- Supervise 1-2 Senior Technicians.
- Bachelor's Degree in Chemical, Mechanical or Plastics Engineering.
- Master's degree is preferred.
- Demonstrated proficiency in process development using DFSS tools such as FMEA, C&E matrix, process mapping, DOE, SPC, MSA and control planning.
- Proficient in MiniTab, Statgraphics or other statistics software program.
- Proficient in ProE or equivalent CAD package.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Team player.
- Hands on, energetic, and creative.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in an industrial or medical manufacturing environment, performing process development/engineering.
- Experience in plastic processing is a must.
- Knowledge of processing of materials such as LDPE, HDPE, PTFE, FEP, PEEK or PVDF is very desirable.
- Experience with Polymeric Co-Extrusion.
- Experience within medical device manufacturing in support of FDA regulations preferred.
- Experience in plastic expansion desirable.
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to lead cross-functional teams.
- Microsoft Office Package.
- SAP understanding.
- Experience with GMP/QST/ISO guidelines a plus.
If you or someone you know is interested please email me at Arios@Ryzen.com