This route will have us travel down the SART towards Newport Beach. We will travel on a portion of PCH and portions of the upper Back Bay trail with a stop at Kean Coffee (Mile 19) or C'est Si Bon (Mile 20.5) for some refreshments.
Meetup at 7:45 am and Ready to roll by 8:00 am
Approximately 37 miles - Rating: B-, Terrain: 1 - Mostly flat terrain
• We will start at the OC Sheriff shooting range (park in the lot near the trail)
• Travel south on the Santa Ana River Trail (SART) towards Huntington Beach
• Continue south on Pacific Coast Highway (PCH) towards Newport Beach (Restroom/water break at PCH/Orange – Mile 14)
• Continue south on PCH to Dover and Castaways Park.
• We will enter the Upper Back Bay trail and onto West Cliff Drive and travel to Irvine Ave (Kean Coffee, Mile 19)
• We will travel south on Irvine Ave to Cliff Drive/Riverside Drive (C'est Si Bon, Mile 20.5)
• Continue north on PCH and back up the SART to the finish
If you'd like to upload the route on to your GPS unit: http://ridewithgps.com/routes/3255115
DISCLAIMER: By being a member of this group you hereby agree to assume all risks and liability related to or resulting from any and all group functions. You agree that neither you nor any third party will hold any of the group's leaders or representatives liable for any injury, loss, or damage to your own person or any members of your family, friends, acquaintances, children, pets, or property, arising directly or as a consequence from a group activity. You also agree that your membership of this group is based on an "at will" basis.
Helmets are mandatory on all BOBIE rides. Bring hydration, spare tube,
nutrition and appropriate clothing to be comfortable during the entire
ride. (The weather can and will change during the ride.)
If there is FOG, DRIZZLE or MIST (OR any other extreme weather!) Unless otherwise noted PLEASE check back on this site 60 to 90 minutes prior to our scheduled roll out time. I will strive to text all the people I have cell phone numbers for if any ride will be canceled.
Please be a bit early as the posted MeetUp time is Clipped in roll out time.
Be sure to have Sun Screen for HOT or SUNNY days.
If you are unsure call or text me 1 hour before the roll out time. My number is listed in the RSVP section when you signed up for this ride.
If this causes you to cancel 1 hour or LESS before the scheduled MeetUp
time PLEASE CALL or TEXT (my contact info is in the RSVP question section below) me to avoid frustration and delays!
Please be sure to bring a "Road ID" or similar up to date IN CASE OF EMERGENCY INFO list with you on all BOBIE rides to allow others to help you if you are unable to help yourself.
As always this is a no drop ride. Everybody gets a good workout. The quicker riders may just get more rest time than the developing riders.