CADASIL (Cerebral Autosomal Dominant Arteriopathy with Sub-cortical Infarcts and Leukoencephalopathy) is a disease affecting all the small cerebral arteries. It causes subcortical infarcts and damages the white matter of the brain.
This group is dedicated to CADASIL patients , people at risk for CADASIL, caregivers, family members, friends and all those seeking a cure for CADASIL! We're here to help each other ease the stress of the unknown about this debilitating disease. Our hope is that this network of people who share their experience with CADASIL will open the doors to a new understanding about the disease and treatments out there. And maybe, some of us will find that we're long lost cousins! The birth of this group is fueled by the love I feel for my husband, who was diagnosed with CADASIL at age 19.
1) To openly share our experiences with CADASIL now and how it has affected us generationally so that we have a better understanding of how we can help each other.
2) To learn what remedies have worked for CADASIL patients to make life easier and more manageable.
3) To create a network of remedies, doctors and alternative therapies that have aided in the recovery process.
4) To learn about the other support networks, CADASIL resources, clinical trials and social services located in the SF Bay Area that may help us.
5) Inspiration - That we may inspire each other to find a cure, ease the stress of this disease and provide conversational support for how CADASIL is affecting our lives. For HELP for the one's we LOVE.