$5.00 (30 RMB) (1/1 - 12/31/2016)
This covers: $180/year for use of Meetup.com. Cookies at quarterly "Post & Host" sessions!
Payment is accepted using:
Refunds are not offered for this Meetup.
Meet fellow professionals in Beijing in a small group setting for coffee & conversation. Each meetup is limited to eight people (4 ladies, 4 gentlemen). We meet at coffee shops in Beijing's Central Business District (CBD), at the heart of the city, and sometimes in neighboring districts. Every so often we also gather for brunch, events or day trips. All nationalities welcome, but we use English as our common language. Targeted for working professionals age 30+. Come and meet others who are living and working Beijing as we build our network of local friends!
By joining this group, you are acknowledging agreement with these seven ground rules:
1) Personal Photo or Illustration: When you sign up, you will be asked to upload a profile photo. It must be a real photo or illustration of yourself, not an object.
2) Real Name in English or Pinyin: Please provide your name as you will want to be called at an event (not an alias or nickname) in English and/or pinyin. If you wish to include Chinese characters, that's fine, but you must also have pinyin.
3) RSVP Policy: If you RSVP "yes" but then cannot make it, change your RSVP to "no" at least 12 hours prior to the meetup, so that someone on the waiting list can join in instead. If you are on the waiting list and get automatically moved into "attending," is is your responsibility to then change to "not attending" if you can't make it on the short notice.
4) Supporting Local Businesses: All attendees must order and pay for their own coffee drink and/or pastry. Do not expect to attend without ordering something -- it is discourteous to the business owner whose space we are using.
5) No-show Policy: If you RSVP'd "yes" but didn't show up, it is recorded as a "no show." Two no-shows and unfortunately you will be removed from the group, since lack of participation is contrary to the principles of a healthy Meetup group. (Note: If you made a good effort to attend but got lost, it won't count as a no-show as long as you sent some kind of note to the Organizer that you tried to find us!)
6) Located in Beijing: Please do not join this group if you are not currently living or working in Beijing. The intent of this meetup is to provide an in-person networking here in the city, not online.
7) Inactive Members: Members inactive for 2 months are removed from the group. The two ways to be active are: 1) RSVP "Yes" or "Waitlist" to an event that you will attend; 2) RSVP "No" to an event you will not attend.
That's it! Look forward to having you in a conversation soon!
1,099 Intrepid Eaters
1,110 friends abroad