Children's Book Writers of Los Angeles (CBW-LA) Message Board › Critique Session Tomorrow

Critique Session Tomorrow

Nutschell Anne W.
nutschell
Group Organizer
Torrance, CA
Hello Fellow Scribblers!

Our final critique session for the year is this Saturday, November 9th, 2013. If you’re not sure about making it, or if you won’t be able to attend our session, please do inform me by 7pm tonight, Friday, November 08, 2013.

We still have 4 spots left. If you are interested in registering, please click on the link below:
http://www.cbw-la.org/events?eventId=760766&EventViewMode=EventDetails­

If you have registered for the critique, please note the instructions below:

1. Our group provides some guidelines, as well as handouts to help you get the best out of the critique. The handouts will help you greatly in your own revision process, as they teach you what to look for when you are critiquing your own work, as well as the works of others.

If you are a CBW-LA member (meaning you have registered and paid for membership via www.cbw-la.org), you may download the critique handouts under the members only section on the cbw-la.org website.

2. The manuscript to be critiqued should be no longer than 8 pages. We suggest you bring the first chapter of your MG/YA/Adult novel, or the entire picture book.

3. The manuscript copy should be in the usual submission format (double-spaced, 1 inch margin on all sides, font is size 12, times new roman or courier new, with the authors name & title in the upper left corner of every page, and the page number on the upper right corner of each page)

5. The rule is to provide copies for everyone who will be present in the critique.
So far 11 people have signed up for the critique, so bring 11 copies, or if this isn’t possible, at least bring 7 copies for people to share.

I will keep on updating our website and our meetup.com site so you can check how many members will be coming to tomorrow’s critique.

I look forward to seeing you there!

Warm regards,
Nutschell