CCC Ukulele Fellowship Message Board › Thank You

Thank You

Ted F.
user 29916622
Group Organizer
Sacramento, CA
Thanks everyone for showing up to my "surprise" birthday party at CCC. I'm telling you... I was really confused, because I was supposed to be at a gig at 7:30 in downtown, and not even drop by CCC. But somehow my sister-in-law Paul got me to drive her there by making up this incredible story about wanting to visit the hula class....which made no sense because it already ended. When we get there,  I see Bob Camarena with his uke walk across the parking lot into the building. Then my son pulls up in another car, but I'm thinking he's supposed to meet me at my mom's house to pick me up drop me off at the gig. Looks at me, walks the other way. So, none of this is making sense. I'm thinking, I'm really late, better leave. Then I see Pauline walk in with her uke, and now I'm thinking "did i schedule a ukulele rehearsal and forget?" Uh oh, dementia scare. Better go inside and find out why I called this meeting. I walk in the gym and the hula class is ending. Kind of chaotic inside.  The first person I see is Roy. He smiles, and starts doing the hula in front of me. "What is Roy doing at the Hula class?!!!"  I must be dreaming, because now nothing is registering. Then Ester hands me a present and says "happy birthday." Now this is bizarre, because why would she show up with a present for me when I wasn't even supposed to be there.  Leslie sees my utter confusion, grabs my arm, gives me a long stare and says...."Ted, stay, we want to see you." Okay...hmmm...now this is beginning to make sense. Finally, Marielle walks up and says happy birthday. Oh wow, she either must have forgotten that I had a gig, or this is a really clever surprise party, because I showed up and no one said "surprise." They carried on normally like they were all supposed be there and I was supposed to be there but too, but no would say why we were all there. Surreal... and yes, very surprising.

Thanks Marielle, Joe, Shirley and everyone! I've never had a surprise party before...and this one was certainly one of a kind.

I love you all!!!

Ted
Joe J.
user 14308348
Sacramento, CA
Post #: 3
Happy 5-0 !!