Happy 5th Anniversary, CCGP!
It's going to be a bella notte!
We're starting our 5th anniversary celebration a week early with a special event, Italian-style!
"Bella notte" is an appropriate way of describing an evening spent with delicious Italian food & wine, fast-furious-and-fun Italian card-play, and fun-loving friends to share it all with! "Bella Notte" means "beautiful night" and it really doesn't get much more beautiful than that, now does it?
Those of us who are able will meet as early as 5:00 for cocktails, and possibly some early card-play. At 6:00, we will start dinner, as most of the group will be here by then. Immediately following dinner, at approximately 7:30, we will start playing our games! Briscola, along with Scopa/Scopone, will be played for sure, and anyone wanting to play Madrasso or Scarto may certainly do so. I will have the appropriate cards for these games available for use.
A recent Italian visitor to my booth at the market stated that there are two things that people in Italy like to do to pass their time, eat and play cards! How wonderful is that!
Most Italian card games, when played properly, are played quickly and increase the noise in the room by several decibels, and for this reason I have asked that we be given a private, or at least semiprivate, room in which to play. I also plan to extend an open invitation to the general public who know the games and may wish to join us after dinner for some card-play! I am quite sure there will be a few old-timers around who wouldn't mind showing us amateurs a thing or two! So, if you think you are good at Scopa or Briscola, watch out! Old Italian men (and, I am sure, the women as well) are VERY difficult to beat at these games! That's not a stereotype, it's a fact! It comes from years of sitting outside cafes and inside bars, playing for hours on end, as well as playing with family at home to all hours of the morning. If we have anyone from the general public joining us for games that don't know how to play, I will be teaching them Briscola, since the rules are easily taught.
I hope that you all can be there to share in this special evening. Be sure to bring your appetite!
Wow, I have never seen such a fast response to an event in these 5 years. Outstanding!!!
Buca di Beppo serves family style, so everyone at the table (or in the party room) share everything. The portion sizes are very ample. If we were left to order from the menu, the price per person becomes quite high. But then, you get what you pay for. We definitely get the most bang for the buck by going with the banquet package deals. I have selected the second smallest banquet package, which is priced at $29.95 per person, (not including tax and tip). That is only $5 more than the smallest package, with quite a bit more to choose from!
The bill (per person) figures out as follows:
Dinner (as detailed below): $29.95
21% Service Charge $6.29
7.75% Tax $2.33
Minus my portion (my anniversary gift to you!) -$13.57
Your Final Total Due $25.00
Unless you order alcoholic beverages, no other charges will be due from you for this event. Alcoholic beverage purchases will be billed to, and are payable by, each individual.
I need to ask everyone to pre-pay for this event online via PayPal or credit card, or in person by cash or credit card (I have a card reader on my phone), as soon as possible. If you choose to pay online, you may do so by clicking on the "Pay Now" link right above the "Happy 5th Anniversary" headline above. That will take you to the TaroBear's Lair PayPal page, where you can pay via PayPal if you have an account, or by credit card by clicking on the "don't have a PayPal account?" link.
Since my personal credit card will be charged by the restaurant at the end of the event, and the amount will be based on our expected attendance as of the 26th, no refunds will be given for no-shows or late cancelations! Be sure to cancel your RSVP by 5:00pm on the 25th in order to receive a refund. Also, anyone whose payment has not been received by then will be taken off the list. I cannot get stuck with having to pay $38.57 per head out of my own pocket for no-shows or late cancelations. I am sure you all understand.
The early RSVP'ers have voted on the menu choices, and the results are as follows:
- Garlic Bread: Our Italian loaf brushed with garlic-infused olive oil, then baked with Parmesan cheese and lots of fresh garlic.
- Caesar Salad: Fresh, crisp romaine lettuce tossed in our Caesar salad dressing with roasted garlic croutons then topped with Parmesan cheese.
- Apple Gargonzola Salad: Tart Granny Smith apples, spiced walnuts, dried cranberries and Gorgonzola cheese tossed with our fresh lettuce blend in our signature Italian vinaigrette.
- Fettuccine Alfredo: Classic favorite featuring imported Italian egg fettuccine tossed in our creamy Alfredo sauce.
- Spicy Chicken Rigatoni: Awaken your taste buds with a new favorite - tender chicken breast sautéed with garlic and red pepper, tossed with peas, a spicy rosa sauce and imported Italian rigatoni pasta.
- Chicken Parmigiana: Large breaded and sautéed chicken breasts topped with marinara and mozzarella, then baked to golden perfection.
- Homemade Cheesecake: Rich, creamy cheesecake topped with a sweet raspberry hazelnut sauce and sprinkled with rich toasted hazelnuts.
- Tiramisu: Our powerfully flavored Tiramisu features homemade ladyfingers soaked in dark rum and espresso, layered with sweetened mascarpone cheese and topped with cocoa and crumbled hazelnut biscotti.
Beverages: UNLIMITED Soft Drinks, Coffee & Tea are included. Alcoholic beverages will be given to your bill.