Because this is so much fun, we've migrated from Cleveland to Erie!!!
Let's switch things up and add some variety with all-day card game open house!!! Come when you can, leave when you want, but while you're here, you can learn/play a variety of card or even tile games ranging from commercial cards (such as Uno, Phase 10, Wizard, etc.) to mainstream American games (except Poker, Blackjack, and other casino games), as well as those from our regular European repertoire of course, and any new games we have recently learned. Any card game brought by you or other members is fair game! Decks/games that may be readily available, as example, as follows:
- French Tarot Nouveau decks (Jeu du Tarot)
- Anglo-American decks for Asian or other cultural card games (Sevens排七, Red/Chinese Ten 揀紅點, Big 2 大老二, Dragon/Chinese Poker 一條龍, etc.)
- Italian Tarocco Piemontese deck (Scarto)
- Italian decks (Scopa, Scopone)
- Austrian Tarock decks (Tappen/Tapp Tarock, Strohmandeln)
- Spanish decks (Mus)
- Anglo-American decks for mainstream American games (Euchre, Pinochle, Spades, Hearts, Canasta, Cribbage, Rummy, etc.)
- Commercial card games (Uno, Phase 10, Mille Bornes, Wizard, Fluxx, etc.)
- WHATEVER you want to play or even teach the group, play what you want!!!
This is YOUR day, and we will play the card games you all choose (no fighting, please! or just fight nicely in a respectful enough manner =P). Be fair to one another, and be willing to play each other's choice of games. The words "There are just some games that I WON'T play" should never be heard at these events! If you can't behave, you will have to go stand in the corner! Tile games such as dominoes, mahjong, rummikub are OK too.
We are happy to teach new players, so if you do not yet know how to play, come on out and learn!!! IF there is any particular game you want to learn, let us know in advance and we'll brush up on it and teach you/each other to give it a try!!! Let's start introducing new card games to Erie!!!
Please join us to learn a new card game and simply have some good card playing fun! If you have not yet discovered the fun and varieties in card games, you don't know what you're missing!!!
The $1.00 admission fee helps cover costs toward meetup site dues and cost of the dedicated decks used by this group to play these games.