|Sent on:||Tuesday, January 29, 2013 11:37 AM|
We are in the process of organizing the next meeting for the 24th of Feb. topic ideas suggested by members at the last meeting surly are provocative, challenging, some philosophical, some social, cultural or scientific. We’ll do one of them on the 24th of Feb; when the VOTES come in, we’ll decide which one.
We are looking for an assistant organizer; we are 349 member strong, I am sure will step in since Pam will be abroad most of 2013
1. What should we strive for as the human race and why?
2. Advantages and disadvantages of languages. Language Preservation; homogeneity or diversity
3. Conventional wisdom; what is it? should we strive for it?
4. Will humans became asocial, alienated or retune to community?
5. Quantum Mechanics, why the laws of physics differ?
7. Is there such a thing as talent/genius and where does it come from
8. An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind. Gandhi
9. Should we all carry an Id card with medical, police info etc?
10. Is the assassination of a dictator justified? Regime change
11. What obligation should nations have to those seeking asylum
12. Is it ever justified to execute a criminal? Capital punishment
13. What are the best deterrents to juvenile crime?
14. Is anarchism a valuable method to achieve political goals?