**How to locate the group** We will be outside Federal Triangle metro station with a CFI banner. If you have trouble locating the group please call Melody or Simon on the evening of the walk. Email [masked] for any questions before then.
Light The Night Walk is The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's annual fundraising walk to pay tribute and bring hope to people battling cancer. Hundreds of thousands of participants raise funds for lifesaving research and patient services.
Center for Inquiry–DC is participating as part of the Foundation Beyond Belief's (FBB) International Team's efforts, with the goal to unite the freethought movement and raise one million dollars to fight against cancer in 2013. Please help us with our cause!
Walk Night Details:
• The walk will be held rain or shine. Prepare for the weather.
• We recommend taking Metro, as parking will be very difficult.
• Melody Hensley, CFI–DC executive director and team captain, will check-in all team members at 5:00 pm. No need to check yourself in.
• The team will meet at Federal Triangle Metro stop and will leave promptly at 6:30 pm for the walk. You will see a Light the Night banner with our name on it. Do not be late! You will receive wristbands and any earned balloons and t-shirts from your team captain.
• The walk begins at 7:00 pm. You may arrive earlier to participate in planned games and entertainment starting at 5:00 pm. However, make sure to meet the team at Federal Triangle Metro stop to get your wristbands, balloons, and t-shirts, and walk with the team.
• Did you raise at least $100? You still have the opportunity to donate or ask your friends to donate! Every walker who raises $100 or more will be a Champion For Cures. They will be recognized on the night of the walk with a Light The Night t-shirt, illuminated Light The Night balloon in red (supporters), white (survivors) or gold (in memory of a loved one), and a wristband entitling the wearer to a variety of games and food.
• Games, entertaiment, and food reopen at 7:30 pm after the walk.
• Other questions? Check the FAQ
Can't make the walk, but still want to help fight Leukemia & Lymphoma?
Donate to the CFI–DC Light the Night Team!