Center for Inquiry–DC (CFI–DC) Message Board › Secular Family Network- !! RECHARGING !!

Secular Family Network- !! RECHARGING !!

Michele T.
user 13860020
Washington, DC
Greetings everyone!

I'm so excited to be heading up the Secular Family Network (SFN) within CFI.  Allow me to briefly introduce myself.

I live in Owings, MD with my husband Bill and two sons.  One of my sons loves the outdoors and one of my sons enjoys more indoor type activities like putting together LEGOS and reading comic books.  I enjoy gardening and beekeeping and my husband enjoys fishing and golf.  In a group setting, I prefer directed activities to idle time chatting while the kids simply run around.

My goal for SFN is to create an environment where our children can form lasting friendships and can enjoy unique experiences in a dynamic, fun and safe environment.  In order to do this, members of the group must be committed to meeting regularly to ensure eventual familiarity.

My first order of business is to secure a meeting facility where we can routinely meet.  My goal is to meet at least twice a month and preferably at the same facility.  Please forward meeting room suggestions.  Keep in mind we are coming from DC, Virginia and Maryland.  I talked with Melody about using the Hill Center but the cost to rent a room is prohibitive.  It may be necessary to charge a membership fee to cover the cost of renting a room but we can discuss this as the need arises.

I'd like to have a Halloween Party toward the end of October, complete with costume contest, games and dancing.

Finally, if any of you have a certain talent that you think would benefit the children and you would be willing to share during a meeting, please let me know.  Examples might be painting, knot tying, camping basics, cooking, small building projects, etc.  I'd like to set up a schedule of events in advance as we move forward.

I'm so excited and I hope there are others who share in this excitement and are willing to help get this group off the ground and running again.

Kindly,

Michele