addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

CFI Skeptics of Eugene Message Board › A request for steering committee volunteers

A request for steering committee volunteers

Closed to new replies

Lowell T.
user 9892585
Eugene, OR
Post #: 16
I suggested to Sylvia (our organizer who lives in Portland) that the Eugene CFI Meetup group have a steering committee that would assume primary responsibility for the welfare of CFI in our area. She liked my suggestion, and I had thought I posted it on the message board, but now I can't find it.

Two people said they would consider serving on the committee, so I'm posting this now to verify that they still want to do so, and to ask who else would like to serve. We also need to decide when and where to have our first meeting. Someone suggested that we have it at my house an hour or two before our regular monthly meeting on December 11, and that would be fine with me.

Perhaps, I should go ahead and mention that I would envision this committee as being self-creating. Neither I nor anyone else would lead it nor decide how it should be led unless that person were put in charge by the will of the committee itself through a process that the committee itself would determine. Likewise, the committee would determine the qualifications for its own membership.

A former member
Post #: 4
I am still interested and meeting a few hours before the Dec. 11th meeting works fine by me.
Sam L.
user 3645559
Eugene, OR
Post #: 2
I'd enjoy being a part of this. I can't attend in December, though, as I'll be out of town the entire month.
Lowell T.
user 9892585
Eugene, OR
Post #: 17
Thanks, Laurie. Thanks, Jola. Since it's just you guys and me so far, I wonder if maybe the message board isn't the best way to get the word out. I hate to email the entire group more than I absolutely have, but maybe this is one those times.
Ruth M.
RuthMiller
Nice, FR
Post #: 40
Just as an RSVP kind of thing -- this isn't something I'd want to do for the next year or so. Maybe later.
Lowell T.
user 9892585
Eugene, OR
Post #: 18
Too bad, Ruth, I was hoping it would work out for you.
Lowell T.
user 9892585
Eugene, OR
Post #: 19
Well, I did mail this request to everyone, and it's still just you, Jola, and you, Laurie, and me. Hopefully one or two more will still respond, but it sure doesn't look like we'll have a problem with the committee being too big!
Ruth M.
RuthMiller
Nice, FR
Post #: 55
I changed my mind -- I'd like to contribute to the fun and games steering of Eugene CFI. I'll be at the steering committee meeting on Dec 11
Marian G.
user 13400783
Eugene, OR
Post #: 5
I would like to come.
Lowell T.
user 9892585
Eugene, OR
Post #: 20
Oh, Ruth and Marian, THANK YOU! Laurie can't be there, but with the two of you, we'll have four, and that's just great.