CFI Skeptics of Eugene Message Board › Political gathering at Harris Hall Wed 2/26

Political gathering at Harris Hall Wed 2/26

A former member
Post #: 17
http://act.credoactio...­

I thought some of you might like to attend this gathering to help end the corporate takeover of democracy. It is th e one year anniversary of the supreme court's decision to allow uncontrolled and undisclosed corporate political contributions. Let's celebrate by trying to end that policy. Click the link and search Eugene for the event details. These gatherings are happening all over the country.
Ruth M.
RuthMiller
Eugene, OR
Post #: 98
A former member
Post #: 19
Thanks Ruth! I really hope to make to a CFI meetup one of these days. They just keep falling on dates and times when I either have to work or have other obligations.
Ruth M.
RuthMiller
Eugene, OR
Post #: 102

It went well with 62 in attendance. We broke up into 6 topic groups and we will do some research this week and next Wed we'll present where we are and where we want to go.

Next meeting:

Wednesday, Feb 2nd 6:00pm
Erb Memorial Student Union, U of O Campus
Meeting point: Fish Bowl eating area / exact room: TBD
- for help finding EMU or Fish Bowl, call Julien at 404-290-2309
Ruth M.
RuthMiller
Eugene, OR
Post #: 110
We will be meeting every Wednesday for the near future to discuss passing a local resolution on corporate personhood and any other pro-democracy / anti-corporate rule activities the group wishes to pursue. Please come join us or stay tuned for our next public event.

A few of us are meeting directly outside of this room at 5:30pm to finalize the agenda and facilitator for the meeting. If you want to be involved in this please come early!

Democracy / Corporate Personhood Meeting:
Wednesday, 6pm
Erb Memorial Union - U of O Campus
Rouge Room - on main floor next to restaurants
For directions feel free to call 404-290-2309