Central Florida Young Professionals Group Message Board › Central Florida Young Professionals Group: New Meetups Added!

Central Florida Young Professionals Group: New Meetups Added!

Lewis
user 32104402
Group Organizer
Orlando, FL
Good Afternoon Young Professionals!

I think I can now assuredly say the group is in full swing, so I've added some fun new meetups to get us all out and about.

Our bi-weekly Drinks, Appetizers and Networking event at Bar Louie in Dr Phillips will still be our base meetup, happening every second Wednesday at 6pm, but I also wanted to add in some other meetups too so I've been trying to think of things which don't tread on the toes of other groups. Some of these may not be to everyone's tastes (I've even added a trip to the opera FFS!!!) but it seemed like a good way of trying new things that no-one else seems to be offering!

Here's a brief list of what's coming up:

Orlando Pub Crawl's Crazy 80's Pub Crawl
Sat. July 14th. 8pm-?. $20 TOMORROW NIGHT!
Downtown Orlando

I spoke with the organizers of this and they're expecting 2,500 people to attend! It sounds fun, bring your best Crazy 80's attire...

Mini Golf Tournament
Thurs. July 19th. 8pm-?. $About 12-15?
Everyone pays to play their game but also puts in $1 and winner takes all... Not a serious tournament, just a bit of fun. Maybe the winner should be made to spend their winnings on one big drink they have to chug afterwards?!

Play: 7 Year Itch (Comedy)
Thurs., July 26th. $10
This sounds like a very funny play that could be good fun!

Howl At The Moon
Fri. August 3rd. $Free
Another free party at Howl At The Moon!

Play: Twelve Angry Men (Drama)
Sat. August 12th, 2012. $27
Last performances at the current Mad Cow Theatre before it moves to Church St."The stakes are high in this thrilling courtroom drama where a jury of twelve men are deciding the fate of a teenager accused of murdering his abusive father. When prejudices are tested and all the evidence is weighed this jury of peers must face the shocking truth." Sounded like a good play to me.

Orlando Brewery Tour[/url]
Fri. September 14th. 6pm. $Free
Free tour at Orlando Brewing, who also have a bar we can taste their produce in after the tour!

Play: Race (Drama)
Thurs. October 18th. $30.
"Fresh off Broadway, this high-voltage drama tackles the most incendiary topic of our time. Three attorneys, two black and one white, are called on to represent a wealthy white man charged with assaulting a young black woman. With the palpable tension of a fierce cross-examination and no shortage of wry humor, Race fearlessly challenges our perceptions of race, guilt, justice, and truth." Thought this one sounded pretty good...

Opera: Mozart: The Marriage of Figaro (Comedy)
Fri. Nov. 9th. $40
I've never been to the opera before so would be willing to give it a bash, who's with me?

As you can see there's definitely something here for everyone and a lot of fun to be had over the next few months.

The Orlando Pub Crawl is tomorrow night (Saturday July 14th) so I hope to see lots of you there too! Also, my telephone number is on the event page so please make sure to make a note of it if you don't have a phone that can access the internet for when you get to the event. If anyone needs help finding the group call or text me and I'll make sure we find you :)

Thanks everyone, have a great weekend and I hope to meet you tomorrow or at another event soon!

Lewis
Organizer
Central Florida Young Professionals Group
(Meetup.com)