Central Florida Young Professionals Group Message Board › Safety Message/Harassment Policy

Safety Message/Harassment Policy

Lewis
user 32104402
Group Organizer
Orlando, FL
Good Morning Young Professionals,

Now the group is really getting into full swing and we're starting to venture out to meetups aside from our bi-weekly Drinks, Appetizers and Networking, I'd like to take a moment to reflect on safety measures in the group.

As proud as I am of not only the growth of the group, the friendliness and welcoming nature of it's attendees and the overall progress and direction the group has taken, please do remember that it is still an internet meetup group. As much as the stigma of the internet has been lifted in recent years - gone are the days of the internet being used only by the tech savvy, those referred to as 'geeks' etc. - there are still real dangers out there which we should all be aware of, no matter how friendly the group may seem.

If any members encounter anything that makes them feel uncomfortable, harassed or exposed from the group, please do inform me immediately and I will take the necessary steps to stop such occurrences before they become problems. I want the group to be a safe place for people to come and get to know each other, hang out and have a nice time while getting to know new business contacts to interact with. It should be said that if there is any indication of any untoward behavior or harassment it will not be tolerated and anybody found to be violating such a rule will immediately be dealt with swiftly and firmly.

Security, however, is a two way street so please think twice before giving out information about yourself which could place you in a vulnerable position. I want the group to be open to a free exchange of contact information for networking purposes, but please be sure you don't give out more information than is necessary about yourself, just in case.

Better to be safe than sorry.

Thanks for reading.

Lewis
Organizer
Central Florida Professionals Group
(Meetup.com)