5480 5th St., Rocklin, CA
Using positive reinforcement and reward-based training along with benevolent leadership, we will work on the following:
- Reviewing reward markers, consistency, good timing.
- Sit, Stand, Down, Watch Me for duration, distance and fluency and in motion.
- Polite greetings, sitting nicely for petting.
- Stay and stay with distractions, leave it commands.
- Come when called, recalls with distractions.
- Loose leash walking and heeling.
- Dog distractions.
- CGC Prep and CGC advanced prep/testing.
We customize each class to meet the needs of the students. We will work on basic commands and practice lots of impulse control exercises. We will work on your dog's focus around other dogs and making it a rewarding experience for him/her. We will help your dog take the right steps toward obtaining Canine Good Citizen and community canine status and more!
This obedience course is six weeks in length. If you are interested in attending after the series has already started, please send me an email at [masked] and we will manually add you depending on class space!
Dogs under one year old can test for AKC STAR Puppy after the course is over, a great first step to the title of Canine Good Citizen! Here is more info on STAR Puppy: http://www.akc.org/starpuppy/about_the_program.cfm
***** LOCATION AND COST ***************
START DATE: This class ends Tuesday mornings at 10:30 to 11:30 a.m. Plan to attend the entire series. We will provide one makeup class if requested.
FEE: The cost is $15/class. Paypal is accepted. You may also pay by check or cash.
LOCATION: We meet in the parking lot at Johnson-Springview park near the rec center. You may reach me at[masked] (text okay) if you cannot find us. We will be by the baseball fields.
******THINGS TO CONSIDER**************
1) All communication about the class is done through Meetup and email. Please check your email for any updates prior to each class. For example, if we are "on the fence" about calling it off due to rain, we would send an email out with that status. My number is[masked] (Kay) and you may email me at [masked] as well.
2) All classes are held outside so dress appropriately. A coat for short-haired dogs/small dogs is a good idea during colder days.
3) Evening classes have outdoor lighting only which is not terribly bright, so please take that into consideration.
4) The meetup app for your iphone or android is a good way to keep updated on class information!
5) This class will have dogs close to each other and also away from you. Consider the mixed-level obedience class if your dog can do a lot of the skills, but still has problems with being close to other dogs!!
******WHAT TO BRING TO CLASS***********
- A dog up to date on vaccinations. You should always have your dog's vaccinations up to date. But did you know? Vets now offer a titer, so you can see if your dog (by levels in their blood) is due for vaccinations or not. Some dogs have positive vaccine titers for a few years before they need them again! Just something new I learned. :) Proof of vaccinations are not required since we are in a public location. Your dog should have current tags.
- Potty Bags (please clean up after your dog!)
- Good attitude. You want your dog to have a positive experience, so let's make it one and have some fun!
- Rewarding items: Skip your dogs meal prior to this training and bring his dinner to class with you or bring a whole bunch of treats that he loves. We will start off with lots of treat training until we develop the habits we want in our pets! If your dog is motivated by a toy, feel free to bring that as well.
- A six foot leash. NO SHOCK COLLARS. No retractable leashes. If your dog is reactive in any way, please bring him in a collar he cannot back out/slip out of.
- I will have a pad set out for your dog to use during class. However, you may use your own mat. Simply replace the mat that is provided with yours when you get there. You can set it off to the side. Your dog will probably want to smell it : )
- Feel free to bring a chair with you.
- Bring water for your dog to drink.
- Small dogs should wear coats in cold weather. If your dog is shivering during class, that is no fun for anyone!
- Have a long lead 15ft or more? Please bring it!
******GET A HEAD START!**********
Be sure to read our Training Tips on the PAGES tab on the home page or by going here: http://www.meetup.com/CGC-in-Roseville/pages/Training_Tips!
*****WAIVER AND RELEASE OF LIABILITY**
By RSVPing for this event, you hereby release, waive, discharge and hold harmless any organizer of this meetup group as well as the City of Rocklin and its officers, agents, volunteers, and directors from any and all liability, claims, and expenses whatsoever arising out of or related to any loss, damage, or injury, that may be sustained to you or your dog as a result of your participation in this event and thereafter.
Refunds offered if:
Payments you make go to the organizer, not to Meetup. You must make refund requests to the organizer.
I started the group because there wasn't any other type of group like this. I've met some great folks in the group who have become close friends and have also met some amazing business owners.
— Bill, started New York City Gay Craft Beer Lovers
Act now and get 50% off.
Until February 1.