Lets escape beyond the environs of Winchester and go on an adventure to the capital! With a walk, a photography competition, a market to haggle in, history aplenty, shops, a gallery visit and drinks there is going to be something for everyone. So why not join us for a day trip to remember?!
Here’s how our itinerary for the day will look:
• Meet at London Waterloo at Midday.
• Stroll along the South Bank to explore Borough Market – a great food market where we’ll grab a bite to eat - see http://www.boroughmarket.org.uk/
Continue along the SOuth Bank to Tower Bridge then cross the Thames at Tower Bridge and walk West through the City
• Then either visit the gorgeous Courtauld Gallery (There is a Becoming Picasso Paris 1901 exhibition on as well as their world-famous collection of paintings, sculpture, drawings, prints and the decorative arts).
• Or explore Covent Garden to look round some shops, watch the street performers and take in the atmosphere.
• Finishing off with everyone meeting for drinks in Covent Garden at about 5:30pm
For those wanting to stay on into the evening, we have also arranged dinner at a restaurant near Waterloo station:
For all you budding photographers there will be a competition to take part in during the day. More details to follow on the theme, how to enter, rules and prize for the competition to follow.
We look forward to seeing you,
Karen, Steve and John F