4660 N Ravenswood Ave, Chicago, IL
Join us for our launch party at Insight Product Development on August 5, 2014. Network with other Chicagoland healthcare professionals including providers, business leaders, entrepreneurs, technologists and academics. Share your ideas about how CHIForum can deliver on its mission to create the area’s most exciting and effective networking and education forum on the topic of healthcare innovation. Let us help you strengthen your career, your company, and the Chicagoland healthcare innovation ecosystem.
There is a registration fee of $25. (CHIForum will periodically donate any excess registration funds to local Community Health Centers engaged in the delivery of effective and innovative healthcare approaches.)
More about CHIForum
We believe that the time is right to establish this group because of the tremendous change occurring in the health and wellness space, both in the US and globally. Drivers for this change include the shifts towards accountable care, value-based and population-based medicine. Additional drivers are recent advances in big data, mobile and connected computing, social computing, online collaboration and advanced manufacturing methods.
CHIForum is unique in that it bridges across the full spectrum of our metropolitan area’s incredibly diverse portfolio of organizations providing products and services in the areas of healthcare, wellness and life sciences.
CHIForum will hold networking/education events on the first Thursday of every month, alternating between locations in downtown Chicago and the northern suburbs. Over time, our goal is to grow this Meetup so that it also hosts other types of in-person events.
CHIForum was co-founded in 2014 by three members of the Chicago health innovation ecosystem: Bernhard Kappe, President of Pathfinder Software, Steve McPhilliamy, Partner at Insight Product Development and Randy Horton, Managing Principal at 94 Westbound Consulting. CHI is sustained by volunteers and we are always looking for new ones. We are also seeking event sponsors.
CHIForum draws inspiration from Life Science Alley in Minneapolis and MassMEDIC in Boston.
CHIForum is relevant to a broad range of people and companies including, but not limited to:
• People working in private industry, non-profits, academia and government.
• Organizations of all sizes from the largest and most established Fortune 100 enterprises to the newest startups.
It is our goal that CHIForum will attract people from an incredibly wide range of organizations concerned with health, wellness and life sciences, including:
• Payers (Private and Government)
• Providers, including large provider systems, independent physician practices, hospitals and specialty providers
• Universities and academic teaching programs
• Pharmaceutical firms and other therapeutics companies
• Medical device manufacturers
• B2B product suppliers and distributors
• Retail pharmacy providers
• Healthcare benefit management companies
• Digital healthcare product and informatics companies
• Medical societies and industry associations
• Wellness management entities
• Healthcare foundations
• Public health and community health organizations
• Healthcare investors
• Companies providing specialized products and services to the above organizations including product designers, advertising, architecture, legal, financial, business and clinical consulting, clinical trials management and other types of contract research
• Business process outsourcing (BPO) firms including revenue cycle management and medical waste disposal
Medical packaging firms
• Product safety testing firms
Refunds are not offered for this Meetup.
I decided to start Reno Motorcycle Riders Group because I wanted to be part of a group of people who enjoyed my passion... I was excited and nervous. Our group has grown by leaps and bounds. I never thought it would be this big.
— Henry, started Reno Motorcycle Riders