Apr 19, 2014 · 7:00 PM
Mike's Beautiful Life is a hard-hitting indictment of how corporate power has taken a wrecking ball to the environment and our health. Can Washington help the run away train we are all riding? The seeds of four related crises (energy, food, resource depletion, and climate change) were planted in the 20th century, during Mike's beautiful life. These seeds will bear fruit in the upcoming years and will shape our future, and the future of generations. The next 30 years will prove to be a turning point in human civilization.
• "It could not be more timely or relevant."
• "An incredibly important and moving film."
• "Charming, humorous, horrifying - and riveting!"
• "The most thought-provoking film I've seen in decades."
• "The most explicit projection of future events I've ever seen."
• "Sure to be one of the most controversial films in a long time!"
• "A courageous film which reveals the ugly truth behind a beautiful life."
• "Potent and powerful. Extremely well written and very carefully crafted."
• "If this film doesn't move people to do something for the planet, nothing will!"
Find out the real cost of what we are doing to ourselves - and what you can do about it.
The film (approximate running time: 1hr 35min.) will be followed by a group discussion and raffle.
This is a joint meetup between CGE, ChicagoVeg, and CIDFilms but this is the main RSVP page with a pre-pay option.
This movie event will be also a fundraiser. The admission for the event is only $10 if pre-paid on-line in advance or $15 at the door. All attendees will be entered in a raffle to win a $50 gift card for Native Foods and multiple bags of Cobra Corn! Also, all attendees will get their own DVD of the film (while supplies last so don't be late)! Not a bad deal for $10 (you are welcome to donate more at the event)!
All proceeds from this event will go to fund Chicago Veggie Pride Parade (CVPP). If you are unable to join us but willing to contribute to CVPP please do so here: chicago.veggiepride.com/donate.htm
Please invite your friends! However, the space is limited - Please RSVP.
Just FYI: Some of us will attend an Ethiopian dining event right before the screening. For more info and to RSVP for the dining event click HERE.
Any questions or comments? Carpooling arrangements? Please use the 'Comments' area at the bottom of this page.