This week Inventables will be presenting the brand new Shapeoko 2 CNC router. It is the successor to the very successful version 1 Shapeoko.
• Shapeoko 2 leverages the ingenuity and experience of the community who've been using version 1 to implement a whole lot of improvements to the design
• It is now easier to assemble and tune up
• It is easier to expand
• It is more rigid and capable thanks to the doubled up makerslide on the X axis.
• Dual drive Y axis motors are now standard
• It comes in full kit with electronics or barebones mechanical kit for folks who want to customize
Inventables is giving away one set of solid carbide milling bits to one person who signs up for the event on Meetup and is present at the event. The kit has spiral bits, straight bits and a ball end mill.
The CNC Club is a weekly meeting of Chicago area people passionate about learning, building and using digital fabrication equipment. It is held at the Pumping Station One Hackerspace. It is open to non members. We also have a Google Group called CNC Build Club.