Apr 18, 2013 · 6:30 PM
Gathering is $15.oo and will include a couple slices of Cheese Pizza afterwards Payment in advance and Reservation IS REQUIRED please mail to 836 Brooks Rd Middletown, CT 06457 [masked] cell or [masked] for any questions or directions
Laughter Yoga combines interactive laughter exercises with deep centering breaths and calming movements. It is based on scientific studies that show that the body can not tell the difference between "real" laughter or simulated laughter, you get the same health benefits to your body and mind. Laughter Yoga is simply bringing people together with belly laughs, belly breaths and light playful movement. It can be performed gently (in a chair if needed) or standing and moving throughout the room with full energy and enthusiasm!
How does it work? Laughter is initiated in a group with full body laughter exercises, clapping, eye contact and youthful playfulness. The "simulated" laughter soon turns into real, spontaneous and contagious laughter that brings more oxygen to our body and brain, lifting our spirits and carrying over into our work, school and everyday lives. iT combines comic mime, inspirational stories, centering tai-chi and energizing laughter yoga.
Laughter Yoga programs for health, wellness and stress relief help people of all ages feel healthier, happier, and have more energy! Laughter Yoga is a very powerful
Laughter Yoga is based on scientific studies that show the body cannot tell the difference between laughter exercises and naturally occurring laughter. Anyone can generate laughter through laughter exercises and get the same physiological and psychological benefits.
Sustained laughter in a class, club, workshop or seminar:
- Practicing laughter quickly increases levels of anti-viral and
anti-infection cells; our immune system's first lines of defense against illnesses.
- Increases oxygen intake
- Improves lung capacity and oxygen levels to the blood circulating more oxygen rich blood throughout our body and brain.
- “Oxygen plays a pivotal role in the proper functioning of the immune system. We can look at oxygen deficiency as the single greatest cause of all diseases.”
- Releases "feel good" endorphins and serotonin
- giving the body pain relieving effects and the mind a feeling of well-being boosting optimism, self-confidence and feelings of self-worth.
- Reduces Blood Pressure
- Laughter Yoga engages the body's core muscles and cardiovascular system and can significantly lower systolic and diastolic blood-pressure levels.
- Promotes emotional growth
- Social play is critical to the development of social skills and emotional intelligence in children AND ADULTS!
- Relieves stress
- Laughter Yoga brings about significant reductions in the stress hormone cortisol and activates the parasympathetic branch of the autonomic nervous system giving us a feeling of energy, alertness, well-being, happiness and joy!