Apr 17, 2013 · 1:00 PM
Green Vision 2013: Demystifying Green Buildings Half-Day Conference
Leeds Sustainability Institute's Green Vision is back with its Spring series in 2013!
Taking the Demystifying Green Buildings discussion global and building on the success of our earlier seminars, we would like to invite you to our Green Vision Half-day Conference.
At the event, kindly hosted by WSP Group Leeds, we will be drilling down into the detail of Funding models for Low Carbon Retrofit, Business Drivers for Green Commercial Buildings, Community Energy Solutions and the real Green Deal, moving the discussion from existing legislation and targets to where we need to be heading in order to reap the benefits of delivering change.
We will be joined by Jon Alker, Head of Policy and Communications UKGBC and David Symons, Director at WSP who will share their interpretations of the current situation in the sector. David is passionate about helping business take the real lead on driving sustainability rather than just operational efficiency a strong lesson we can all learn from.
- Learn from Sustainability Leader, David Symons about driving sustainability through new paradigms.
- Participate in two hands-on expert roundtables on Commercial Retrofit Funding Models, Building Certification Schemes, The real Green Deal and the business case for Green Commercial Buildings
- Hear the US Living Future Institute case study behind the Greenest Commercial Building in the world , the Bullitt Building
- Understand the difference between existing Building Certification Schemes and opportunites arising from new schemes in the UK.
- Hear the findings of a report into The Green Deal: Perspectives and practicalities.
- Experience a lively Pecha Kucha presentation showcase covering different aspects of Green Building (Sustainable Products, Funding Opportunities).
- Learn that sustainability is key to future proofing your construction business.
1300 Welcome and Registration
1315 UK Policy Overview Jon Alker, UKGBC
UK Keynote David Symons, WSP
1345 Roundtable Discussion Session A
'Financing Low Carbon Retrofit';'The Real Green Deal';'Better things to spend your money on? The business case for commercial retrofit'; 'Revalue - Assessing the Improvement Fundamentals of Buildings'
1445 Refreshments Break
1500 Roundtable Discussion Session B (details as above)
1600 International Keynote Speaker, 'The Greenest Commercial Building in the World: The Bullitt Centre', Amanda Sturgeon, Vice-president, Living Building Challenge
1630 Pecha Kucha Showcase: Presentations with a twist; presenters are allowed 20 slides and they are auto-advanced every 20 seconds. There is very little scope for 'Death by PowerPoint' and provide a very engaging and creative presentations.
1700 Question Panel
The event will be blogged and discussed live across social media to encourage perspectives from international individuals and organisations that may not be able to attend in person, to give Leeds businesses a wider business vision.
The hashtag for the event is #GVis2013
Green Vision at Leeds Metropolitan University is an open Knowledge Exchange Network focusing its 2013 networking series on Demystifying Green Buildings, to drive the Sustainability agenda in construction.