We are the proud owners of everything vintage and/or with European influence whether its stock, modified or about to be modified . We are the riders that don't quite fit the profile of Harley bike groups. We are the "Rockers" of San Diego Cafe Racer!
SDCR is a group looking for fellow enthusiasts who own and ride vintage, cafe, street fighter, tracker or any modified bike, etc. We also require that you have a bike with an engine that is 350cc or greater in order to make sure that you can keep up with the group on most rides. If this describes you and you would like to be part of a movement San Diego where you can enjoy riding and a camaraderie with other like minded motorcycle owners... then join up!
We do not do aggressive riding and we will accommodate everyone on our rides. There will be rides suited for more and the ones for less experienced riders.
We would also like to help new members with choosing a bike and offer modification and maintenance advice. In addition to that, if someone is a new rider and needs help with riding skills, don't
hesitate to ask, we will gladly help you become better rider.
SDCR embraces the diversity of modified bikes out there and the riders that they belong to. The makes that members own in our group include, but are not limited to, Triumph, Honda, Kawasaki, Suzuki, BMW, Norton, Moto Guzzi, Ducati and BSA. If you have any questions or feel like you need additional information, please email one of the organizers. Hope to see you out there!
We do have a few RULES for being a Rocker of this group ...
1. You must own a modified, cafe-inspired bike or have plans to purchase/build a cafe bike in the near future
2. You must fill out completely the Rocker information page, nothing left blank, or "NA"
3. A picture of your bike or you on it in your profile is MANDATORY!
4. You must attend at least one meetup every 90 days / three months
5. You must not use any Rockers' information for illicit purposes. No Spamming, no telemarketing, and so on.
6.You must keep your bike maintained in a safe and mechanically sound condition. This means checking tires, tire pressure, chain slack, chain wear, clutch cable and clutch lever, brake fluid and brake levers front and rear.
7. You must use safe riding practices in a group, no unsafe passing, turn blocking, bumping wheels, and the like. The goal of every ride is start and finish with everyone happy, healthy, and still up on two wheels.
8. We implement a rating system for the rides, with the categories of easy, medium and ton-up. Please be sure you are attending rides that are within your skills as a rider. We are always happy to help newer riders progress and gain more confidence so they can improve, but we can't tell you what rides you should or shouldn't go on... that is a decision that you must make for yourself knowing that motorcycle riding is an inherently risky activity with the possibility of injury and / or damage to yourself and your property, and that your participation in the group or in this groups activities is totally and completely voluntarily, and nor the group or it's members in part, or full, shall be liable for any such injury or damage should it occur.
By participating in the SDCR group, I acknowledge that I am fully aware of the danger(s) and hazard(s) associated with participating in a motorcycle ride. I certify that I am duly licensed and competent to operate a motorcycle in a safe and responsible manner, and the vehicle is in safe operational condition. I will be riding on public highways and understand that I am solely responsible to determine the speed and operational characteristics of my motorcycle while participating in the run. I hereby release and hold harmless SDCR and any of its executives or other members, against any and all claims, causes of action, and/or any other liability of any kind arising from my participation and activity affiliated with this specific ride.
I agree to hold harmless those establishments affiliated with this run, during this run, and accept full and sole responsibility for my own actions. I certify that I have no known physical or mental impairment that may affect my safety or the safety of other participants. I understand and acknowledge that the choice of wearing a helmet and/or other protective gear is solely my choice and I am responsible for my compliance with all state laws, including those regarding helmets. I certify that I am not under the influence of any narcotic, alcohol or other substance that may impair my understanding or judgment and that I will not at any time during this ride operate my motorcycle under the influence of any narcotic, alcohol or other substance that may impair me. I also understand that by participating in rides and events with the SDCR roup, I am holding the SDCR group and its affiliated members harmless of any damage or injury.
4,910 Social Board Gamers
8,184 Fun Diegans
48 CMA Gospel Riders