WEATHER PENDING: I would like to invite all thats interested in doing some outdoor climbing to come along and have a good day in the sun.
I would thinkig about heading to Grassi Lake's, Canmore. If your unsure where it is. I'll be guiding everyone out that wish's to fallow. Grassi is mostly East and west facing, but gets alot of sun through out the day. So if theres sun the rock will warm up and there will be little to no snow. (AS LONG AS IT DOESNT SNOW) Its about a 10 min walk in all down hill. At the end of the day well ya it's all UP HILL. There are many places to climb there. All Sport routes. There's a few walls of 8's and 9's. Also many lower 10's to try if your interested.
*NOTE: Bring warm clothing for Belaying*
Space is also limited to the amount of gear at hand. As well we will be leaving the ATB at no later then 915AM. Time in witch we will be heading back.. This is up to the crew and whos driving.
Lets remind ourselfs that climbing is a dangers sport. Or can be if misinformed about something or trying to take short cuts to get another climb in before the sun goes down. Myself and or others are NOT "instructors". But for the new people that are interested in joining. I myself and the people I have climbed with have a good understanding of the sport. And are willing to pass on what we know to you so you can push your self more. safety is EVERYONES Job! If you see something your not sure about. ASK!!! dont let it pass. Because that could be a life saving point. (That could be your life) That someone just simply overlooked. We also have to understand the risks of the sport. It just takes a split moment for you to go for that last push and your foot blows out and you hanging there... Climbing outdoors is a total mind game. And posses more harzzards then a indoor climbing gym. SO watch out for your partner. And everyone else.
- Harness with gear loops
- Climbing shoes
- Helmet is mandatory (Falling rocks and or gear is possible any time where climbing)
- ATC or GRIGRI belay device
- ATC type belay device (Preferably with teeth)
- Two locking carabiners (Over and above the one you use for your ATC)
- One NON-locking carabiner
- Personal anchor (Personal Anchor System. AKA P.A.S), One 2 or 4 foot Sling
- 1.5m of 6mm or 7mm cord (This is to build a Prusik) AKA your safety
Above the *** line in a minimum you have to bring with you. This is for TOP ROPE, LEAD CLIMBING ONLY.
If you wish to rappel. Below the *** line is the minimum gear you will have to invest in.
Should also bring with you:
- And pair of easily installed footwear (Skateshoes, Flipflops, ect.)
- Lunch and or snaks to get you thourgh the day
- Lots of water!
- Minor first aid belongs(bandaids, climbing tape) I carry a first add kit at all times
- Sun screen
- Another jacket for between climbs, And a lite Rain jacket could be handy.
*ALL QUESTIONS MUST BE ANSWERED BEFORE I'M ABLE TO FREE UP SPOTS - Thank you*