To recover from Saturday's hang-over, and prep for the night's drinking, we'll head off in the afternoon for a short (2-3 hr) cross country ski around the Canmore Nordic Center. All skills welcome - beginners to experienced. Dress in green to avoid pinching. Trail fees are $10, and skis can be rented on site. We'll choose a collection of trails based on interest.
Note: Location may change, or event may be cancelled depending upon the conditions.
Rating: XC Ski (D1-3)
Distance: 8-18 km
Elevation gain: 0-200 m
Time: 2 - 3 hours skiing (+ driving time; 1h one way)
- XC skis, boots, poles, waxes (as necessary)
- Proper seasonal wear (dress in layers, mitts, toque, snow pants etc, spare socks)
- Snacks and water (+ tea/coffee)
- Sun glasses, sunscreen, SPF-rated chap stick
- No jeans, no cotton clothing of any kind!
- No camelbacks/hydration packs (lines freeze)
- $$ for carpool, trail fees, rentals if needed
Equipment can also be rented at a variety of places, including the University of Calgary Outdoor Center or MEC. If renting in town, please have equipment ready and with you at the start time.
DRIVING AND DIRECTIONS:
We will meet at the in-Calgary meeting point and carpool from there.
Either follow the Google Maps directions by taking the Three Sisters Parkway, or go into the Canmore townsite, and from the main street, follow the signs to the Canmore Nordic Center. (Google Maps)
You must sign a trip waiver and contact information form to attend this event. The event organizer will have these for you.