It will be low visibility and snowing so Hector is out. Possible options include the knob traverse, playing in the bowl between purple and hero's knob (cliffs, trees, and jumps) followed by a descent of sweet 16, or an ascent of Bow Summit! Distance: 3-6km return
Max Elevation: EQUIPMENT:
• Splitboard and skins, touring skis
• 3 antennae avalanche beacon, probe, and shovel
• Ski poles
• Proper seasonal clothing (dress in layers, toque, gloves, wool socks)
• Park Pass (if you have one)
• Lunch and drinks (tea/coffee)
• Sun glasses/SPF rated lip balm
• Swimsuit (will be hot springs after)
• No jeans, no cotton clothing of any kind!
Splitboards can be rented at UofC Outdoor Center or splitboardhq (be sure to reserve in advance - they tend to go fast)
Touring Skis, snowshoes and poles can be rented at either Mountain Equipment Co-op (MEC) or UofC Outdoor Center. (Be sure the skins will stick when renting)
DRIVING AND DIRECTIONS:
We will meet at the in Calgary meeting point and carpool from there. Please be on time as we will only wait a short while past the departure time before we leave.
You must sign a trip waiver and contact information form to attend this event. The event organizer will have these for you.