Bruce R
user 7587022
Calgary, AB
Post #: 33
Wow, what a winter. The discussion board is a little dead so I'll attempt to get it going by saying that I am looking forward to getting together with the group for an early season ride. This cold weather CAN"T last much longer! The bikes are now ready to go. Come on springtime......
Paul
paul_g
Calgary, AB
Post #: 12
How many more sleeps until we ride?

Bruce R
user 7587022
Calgary, AB
Post #: 34
I even took my quad around the block yesterday out of desperation. It was a lot of fun 4X4 ing over the snow between driveways but somehow it's not as much fun as the SuperDuke. I'm guessing that by March 25th we will be on the road.....optimistically....biggrin
Allan
user 10258512
Calgary, AB
Post #: 8
There is only one cure for the itch... buy another motorcycle!

I went window shopping the other day at the new "Wild and Wild" motorcycles dealer... basically the same family group that owns Calgary Harley Davidson... they have a bunch of fun marques under the same roof... Ducati, Indian, Royal Enfield and soon Norton... basically, they seem to be collecting interesting bikes with the theme that they are neither Harleys or Japanese makes.

Soooo to make a long story short, I bought this nice little unit with a 30" seat and a kick-starter... it will be my around town bike and back roads cruiser. Probably will bring it for the first "smell the roses" run to Griffin Valley in the spring!

http://www.enfieldmot...­

Looking forward to a warm and early spring,
Allan
Paul
paul_g
Calgary, AB
Post #: 13
That's a beautiful bike Allan. Love the vintage Enfield styling. Have you seen the spectacular pictures of the RE Bullets in this ADVRider report?

http://advrider.com/f...­
Bruce R
user 7587022
Calgary, AB
Post #: 35
Wow Allan, you really raise the bar on the number of eclectic rides in one garage. The Enfield is a nice machine. Congrats.
Allan
user 10258512
Calgary, AB
Post #: 9
Thanks guys... and I really appreciate your use of the term eclectic, instead of eccentric smile

I'm quite interested in this new dealership... I can see their lounge as a good place to meet on a Saturday morning before a ride... Ducati's for the sportbike crowd... Indians for the cruisers... and Nortons for everyone else to drool over. I don't know if they're going to make it work, but it's nice to see someone try something different.

I'm not sure why, but I've really been searching for a mid-size standard bike with a kick starter... I wouldn't recommend something as small as the Royal Enfield as an "only" bike, but there is something deeply satisfying about the thump of a 500 cc British single with a big flywheel.

Looking forward to a great riding season and seeing everyone soon.
Simona
user 5907477
Group Organizer
Calgary, AB
Post #: 17
I saw a bike today!!!
On Deerfoot that is. I see my bike every day and hoping to use it soon. tongue
A former member
Post #: 1
I saw 2 guys cruising down Macleod yestrerday.

I'm *still* staring at a back lane of ice, I know it will thaw soon enough (I'm thinking i can sneak out a short ride by Thursday) , but loading up enough De-Icer at Costco to thaw about 70 meters of back lane sounds REALLY tempting right now...
Bruce R
user 7587022
Calgary, AB
Post #: 36
Today the street thawed to about 30' of my house and I'm tempted..... but maybe I'll see how things look next weekendsmile