THE CALGARY MOTORCYCLE RIDERS AND EVERYTHING ELSE GROUP Message Board › Bike Cornering bible..

Bike Cornering bible..

Randy
user 14621937
Calgary, AB
Post #: 33
Sure, the acting is cheesy, but I think the mesage is pro..

http://youtu.be/HWH_Q...­
John
user 23621541
Calgary, AB
Post #: 7
Great video..thanks Randy !
Zokambaa
user 12971400
Calgary, AB
Post #: 40
For the full video check out Keith Code's Twist of the Wrist and Twist of the Wrist 2... I think youtube clip is from the Twist of the Wrist II video

They were from the late 80's or late 90's (thus the cheese) but I think but the theory still applies quite well today

I think he had another book or video on performance bikes or racing in the mid 2000's as well as his California racing schools

People used to always site Keith Code's instruction as being pretty good and up there in the world of bike instructional info

Now, I'd love to take one of those training courses that the California Highway bike cops do.... I've seen some shows on TV which highlight them on those large cop bikes doing things you would find an amateur sport bike stunter trying and at speeds people on sport bikes would have trouble doing

Granted the bikes are heavy and wide with a low center of gravity... but they still have some crazy skill... this is not the best video but check this one out.... I think I would need to practice that a few times

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TqRvqw4YXtY&feature=related­

A former member
Post #: 2
Great video. Hough has put out a book on proficient Motorcycling and More Proficient Motorcycling that talks all about counter steering in corners...
Randy
user 14621937
Calgary, AB
Post #: 34
I think everyone who I know have watched that have come out if it learning something. Each one something different too.
Allan
user 10258512
Calgary, AB
Post #: 28
Thanks for posting this... I had never thought about the relative contact patch of the front and rear tires. I also was surprised at the minimal effect of body leaning versus simple counter steering.

The video was really worthwhile and I definitely learned something. We just returned from the Beartooth Pass and now I want to go back and try it with less leaning and more precise counter steering (next year for sure).

Regards, Allan
Ken W.
user 35158562
Calgary, AB
Post #: 2
Alan, I also did the Beartooth last week. What a ride; recommended for all, that is for sure. It makes getting there and back more than worthwhile
Regards:
Ken
Randy
user 14621937
Calgary, AB
Post #: 42
I now have both the video and the book.
They both cover the same material.
Now if only my arm was feeling better. Grrr
Stephane
user 46246592
Calgary, AB
Post #: 7
Like Bill Clinton would say: I feel your pain...
Randy
user 14621937
Calgary, AB
Post #: 45
Yeouch! describes it pretty much...

Do you think we should set up a viewing? I'm thinking the Old Motorcycle Shop lounge would be a good location..

What do you guys think?