THE CALGARY MOTORCYCLE RIDERS AND EVERYTHING ELSE GROUP Message Board › Iron Butt 2,500 kms in 24 or 26 hrs

Iron Butt 2,500 kms in 24 or 26 hrs

Kevin
KevinL33
Calgary, AB
Post #: 19
Then for the return trip we could do hwy 37 and hwy 16 through Prince George and Jasper

http://maps.google.co...­

If we were really insane we could do a 1600 km iron butt back from Whitehorse to Prince George. :D

A former member
Post #: 81
Kevin,

Have you worked out gas stops for this trip yet?

Completing a 2500Km ride in 24Hrs requires an average speed of 110Km/h... more like 120Km/h if you add fuel, food and potty stops.

Considering the routes you chose, it is very likely to complete a back to back SS1000 (1600Km).
Kevin
KevinL33
Calgary, AB
Post #: 21
Koby,

I did work out gas stops for the Calgary to Whitehorse trip. We'd have to carry a bit of extra gas because of the remote area and lack of 24hr stations. I don't think this trip could be done in 24hrs but maybe it could be done in 36.

I haven't researched the trip home at all, other than what can be seen on google maps. So that leg is only a conceptual idea at this point.

I would still like to do the 2500km in 24 hr Iron Butt by heading out east across the prairies. That trip would be doable, and could be done without an overnight on the far end, being a loop.