Jim H
user 22278091
Calgary, AB
Post #: 9
Which place in town is good putting tires on? I have need to replace my front rubber on my vstrom I would like to ride in get it done, and ride away

ideas? I am in the sw near spruce meadows

Jim
Allan
user 10258512
Calgary, AB
Post #: 35
I have my Vstrom done at Performance Cycle... I had them add "tire goo" and I've never had smoother, better balanced tires. They're on Forge Road near Glenmore and McLeod.

GW in the NE is also pretty good for service... but they aren't as close to you.

And a couple of guys have spoken highly of the Old Motorcycle Shop.

Regards, Allan
Randy
user 14621937
Calgary, AB
Post #: 64
Ya I buy my rubber from www.canadasmotorcycle.com then have OMS install them.
But I do like Mike at Performance too, he is a strait up guy.
Zokambaa
user 12971400
Calgary, AB
Post #: 56
Redline is close to Spruce Meadows... they are OK for doing tires but not much else... I've had work done by them a few times and it is hit or miss depending on which person works on your bike.

They also let you bring your own internet bought tires in and they mount them for you if you have done that...

I did that back when the dollar was lower and doing so saved me half the cost on a front/rear set of tires buying locally.

Which place in town is good putting tires on? I have need to replace my front rubber on my vstrom I would like to ride in get it done, and ride away

ideas? I am in the sw near spruce meadows

Jim

Dean
user 9383780
Calgary, AB
Post #: 31
Anywhere but Blackfoot biggrin

You might try Seitzco motorsports (Cycle Works) in Okotoks if they're still there. They aren't too busy and can do service quickly.
A former member
Post #: 24
The Old Motorcycle Shop, I'm pretty picky. I am very pleased with the tire install and the care they took with my rim. No long wait times either, you can call them up and ride in ride out. And the price is very fair.
404-261-0034
Randy
user 14621937
Calgary, AB
Post #: 65
There is that new shop just south of the Okatoks turn off, on the west side of the road, brand new last year.
And I am pretty sure Rocky mountain power sports (Honda) will do tires on anything.
Though I have never used them.
Kevin
user 63553092
Calgary, AB
Post #: 30
Ya I buy my rubber from www.canadasmotorcycle.com then have OMS install them.
But I do like Mike at Performance too, he is a strait up guy.

Hey good find Randy, you just saved me a good hundred bucks.
Randy
user 14621937
Calgary, AB
Post #: 68
I just found this guy too, his prices don't include shipping, but even with that added on is a bit cheaper than CanadasMotorcycle.

http://www.petes-supe...­
Zokambaa
user 12971400
Calgary, AB
Post #: 57
I got a pair of Conti Road Attacks from Pete's a few years ago... if the prices are still good I may consider them again.... Pete's is a pretty good shop.. and you save on Shipping/duty (although duty is supposed to be free on rubber products shipped from the USA)

The last time I got tires I got a killer deal on some Pilot Powers from JakeWilson.com a couple years ago too... Even paying almost $100 to get them installed I still saved a fair amount of cash over local stores at the time...

JakeWilson.com isn't always great.. but sometimes they have crazy sales....