Duration: 3hours + driving and Ice cream!
Elevation Gain: ~250m
This cirque is a protected environment and one of my favourite hikes. Please join me and we'll marvel in the snow capped peaks and the stunning vista's. If we are ambitious, I may combine this with a trip to Elpoca and the water falls...a very easy but interesting hike. This hike is not difficult, we will have a path to follow the whole time. However, the ascent into Ptarmigan is steep. We will earn our ice cream! I'm hoping that we will have time to sit and enjoy each others company while being thankful of the backyard we are privileged to share.
Please dress/pack for the weather. We are at the time of year where you should have something warm to drink or eat and bring clothing layers to combat the chill. More than likely we will hike into snow.
Now for the mean bits (sorry):
No walk-ups, you must be on the attendees list in order to come.
Please and thank you :-)
Suggested Clothing & Gear:
Bring appropriate clothing – dress in layers. (quick dry pants recommended)
Hiking Boots (NO SNEAKERS)
At least 2L of Water + tea or soup
Personal First Aid Kit
Click below for more details on Clothing.
This is a hiking trip in the mountains/wilderness. By signing up for this event, you acknowledge that:
- you are fully aware of the risks associated with hiking in the mountains/wilderness.
- you assume all responsibility for your safety and well-being.
- you are fully prepared with proper gear, food and water, and you are physically fit to do this hike with the group.
- you will not hold me or the organizers of this meetup group responsible for any harm that might occur as a result of your participation.
- you accept that the organizers have the duty to assess the attendees and add or remove members/guests from the event.
Having said that, we will collectively do our best to ensure that everyone has a safe and enjoyable trip.