Duration: 6- 8hours
Elevation Gain: ~650m
This trail is listed in many places as strenuous and certainly by the Nature Lovers standards this will be difficult. I have hiked this in the summer, and on my snowshoes in the winter. The waterfall is beautiful and much like Ptarmigan cirque the habitat is quite unique. We will not be walking on the glacier. It is too dangerous. Please keep this in mind when signing up for the hike.
The trail head is off the Smith-Dorrien Hwy 742 South of Canmore. We will carpool as usual from Shouldice. Since there is some travel on a gravel road I suggest 20$ for carpooling fee. I would like to stop in Canmore on the way back and go to the Rocky Mountain Flatbread Company or at the very least, ICE CREAM!
Please dress/pack for the weather. We are at the time of year where you should have something warm to drink or eat and bring clothing layers to combat the chill. More than likely we will hike into snow.
Now for the mean bits (sorry):
No walk-ups, you must be on the attendees list in order to come.
Please and thank you :-)
Suggested Clothing & Gear:
Bring appropriate clothing – dress in layers.
Hiking Boots (NO SNEAKERS)
At least 2L of Water + tea or soup
Personal First Aid Kit
Click below for more details on Clothing.
This is a hiking trip in the mountains/wilderness. By signing up for this event, you acknowledge that:
- you are fully aware of the risks associated with hiking in the mountains/wilderness.
- you assume all responsibility for your safety and well-being.
- you are fully prepared with proper gear, food and water, and you are physically fit to do this hike with the group.
- you will not hold me or the organizers of this meetup group responsible for any harm that might occur as a result of your participation.
- you accept that the organizers have the duty to assess the attendees and add or remove members/guests from the event.
Having said that, we will collectively do our best to ensure that everyone has a safe and enjoyable trip.