Duration: 6- 8hours
Elevation Gain: ~850m
This trail is listed as strenuous and certainly by the Nature Lovers standards this will be very difficult. The elevation gain is extreme for the few kilometers that we'll have to ascend. This can also be difficult to descend and is very steep. However, the views are well worth the effort. The trail head is on the north side of Canmore. I will confirm before the hike if we have to use the montane traverse or if there is enough of a trail from the Alpine Club.
We will carpool as usual from Shouldice. I suggest 15$ for carpooling fee. I would like to stop in Canmore on the way back and go to the Rocky Mountain Flatbread Company or at the very least, ICE CREAM!
Please dress/pack for the weather. We are at the time of year where you should have something warm to drink or eat and bring clothing layers to combat the chill. More than likely we will hike into snow.
I have kept the group small. However, as always I will monitor any wait list that forms.
Now for the mean bits (sorry):
No summiteers - this is not a competition
No walk-ups, you must be on the attendees list in order to come
Please and thank you :-)
Suggested Clothing & Gear:
Bring appropriate clothing – dress in layers.
Hiking Boots (NO SNEAKERS)
At least 2L of Water + tea or soup
Personal First Aid Kit
Click below for more details on Clothing.
This is a hiking trip in the mountains/wilderness. By signing up for this event, you acknowledge that:
- you are fully aware of the risks associated with hiking in the mountains/wilderness.
- you assume all responsibility for your safety and well-being.
- you are fully prepared with proper gear, food and water, and you are physically fit to do this hike with the group.
- you will not hold me or the organizers of this meetup group responsible for any harm that might occur as a result of your participation.
- you accept that the organizers have the duty to assess the attendees and add or remove members/guests from the event.
Having said that, we will collectively do our best to ensure that everyone has a safe and enjoyable trip.