Duration: 6- 8hours
Elevation Gain: ~100m
My thought is to bring our snowshoes and see if we can use them to traverse the North side of the Upper Kananaskis Lake to the Forks backcountry campground. I don't intend to stay overnight. It is a good hike and there is more chance of snow being there this early in the season. Plus there is little in the way of elevation so if we can snowshoe it will be a good option for a first time on your "shoes". If not, we will just hike and upon returning to the parking lot we will spend half an hour on some basic snowshoe info.
We will carpool as usual from Shouldice. I suggest 15$ for carpooling fee.
Please dress/pack for the weather. We are at the time of year where you should have something warm to drink or eat and bring clothing layers to combat the chill.
As some of you know, I am heading to Mexico and I will be back late on Friday. I will try to respond to questions and email but please be patient. Look for an update of the hike info on Thursday after the trail report is issued. I do not cancel hikes because of weather unless the temperature reaches -20 degrees. Please be prepared.
Now for the mean bits (sorry):
No walk-ups, you must be on the attendees list in order to come
Please and thank you :-)
Suggested Clothing & Gear:
Bring appropriate clothing – dress in layers.
Hiking Boots (NO SNEAKERS)
Snowshoes (preferably in a carry bag if you are carpooling)
At least 2L of Water + tea or soup
Personal First Aid Kit
Click below for more details on Clothing.
This is a hiking trip in the mountains/wilderness. By signing up for this event, you acknowledge that:
- you are fully aware of the risks associated with hiking in the mountains/wilderness.
- you assume all responsibility for your safety and well-being.
- you are fully prepared with proper gear, food and water, and you are physically fit to do this hike with the group.
- you will not hold me or the organizers of this meetup group responsible for any harm that might occur as a result of your participation.
- you accept that the organizers have the duty to assess the attendees and add or remove members/guests from the event.
Having said that, we will collectively do our best to ensure that everyone has a safe and enjoyable trip.